telugu people....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lata

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so anyone here from andhra and can speak telugu??

Members don't see this ad.

hey,
lata,
how ru doing...by the way this is R O H I N...i am frm india...hyderabad...i just gave my final mbbs...so...tats abt me...yday...while i was surfing...got this...sdn..page..was really excited abt this...n trust me....ur the first one i am mailing...or say reply to thread...dont know..wats thread...n all tat...
but...still its cool....gr8 to see u ask abt telugu ppl...well...i speak telugu..as i am, frm hyd....
lata....i hope u can understand,i dont know..wat to write,anyways...hope u can be in touch...will hope to hear frm u soon...
so long,take care....n have fun...god bless..
bye,
-rohin.:thumbup:

hi bagunnara? so are you going to be taking USMLE?? or ... there is another year right after mbbs?? anyway, so exams ayipoindi kabatti chala enjoy chesthunara eppudu? :D

have fun!!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah...lata..i dont know..wat to do..i still have to complete my internship for none more year...chalo pedda...course...kada...chudam...eni cheyalli ani...kani..i'll do something...other than mle..n stuff like tat...now much into practising,medicine...
enka...meru...emi8 chestaru...u working..or practicing...let me know..emi email..chepande..next time...if u dont mind...naku site chala new..or pls guide me..in this...
inka...thanx mail ke...its good feeling..when receieve a mail..so..meru touch lo undandi...ok na...
so lomg,take care...bye...:thumbup:

Hi Lata, Dr Kapil wants a green card, and he speaks Telugu too.Good luck.Have you seen the latest Nagarjuna movie?

hey,
lata,
how ru doing..good to know..tat dr.kapil also speaks telugu..tats nice..to meet so many ppl who speak telugu...gr8..but where do u guys stay..r u in india..or somewhere outside...
anyways...i think u got me wrong..well..leave tat...i just wanted to add this..to my page..i am strugglin..to do tat..cant really find a way..dont know..whether its possible or not..anyways..keep in touch..no heart feelings...all for good...take care...lata...keep in touch...take care n god bless bye
-ronin.:thumbup:

Hi Lata, Dr Kapil wants a green card, and he speaks Telugu too.Good luck.Have you seen the latest Nagarjuna movie?

are you talking about me? I'm a permanent US resident with green card. I'm pre-med, not a doctor yet. I Live in the USA, just nice to chat in an indian board.

hey there kapil,this is ronin...how ru doing...so ur in pre med..hows it going dude...i am in final...year...almost done..just got to give one more exams..tats abt it..so..where ru frm..

hello lata garu,
nenu kottaga sdn lo join ayyanu,mee thread choosi ee site lo kuda telugu vari kosam choose varu unnara ani surprise ayyanu,i am from Hyd,India
bye,
Max

hey there kapil,this is ronin...how ru doing...so ur in pre med..hows it going dude...i am in final...year...almost done..just got to give one more exams..tats abt it..so..where ru frm..

hey,

I'm orginally from andhra. College is going ok....science courses are getting preety hard, I'm trying my best.

Lata garu ,dr ronin kapil and all others ellavunnaru, naku oka telugu thread choosi chala anadanga vundi,

I am applying for residencies currently in Ohio

I am from Andhra Pradesh ,not a desi

hey sushruta, how's it going... telugulo matladithe santhoshanga vuntundi, kada? hey, what do you mean you are from andhra and not a desi???:D :D :confused:

i thought that we're all desis:laugh:

edit: have you tried in cleveland clinic, metro health, University Hospitals, Southwest, st. vincent,...
so many... GL!!

Members don't see this ad :)
తెలుగు మిత్రులకు నమస్కారం.
నేను Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, లో 2nd MBBS చదువుతున్నాను. SDN లో ఇప్పుడే join ఆయ్యాను. I'm Very happy 2 see all of u here....:)

hey everyone,
I was born and raised in Vizag till I was 16, moved to New York for college and currently studying medicine (2nd yr) at New York Med.

Hey dil_2k4, naa annayya osmania medical college lo chadivaadu (98 or 99 batch anukunta). Ee year brooklyn lo cardiology redisency modalupettaadu.

Hey Sushruta, did you go to med school here or in India?
Good Luck for Residency! :)

Cheers,
Knight

hey, this is good... so some of us in the US and some in India!! so KNightInBlue... how's school?? Phram, Path, etc right? pretty soon you'll be on the USMLE forum!! :cool: ;) enjoy your time now:rolleyes:

hey...guys..hows everyone...n lata how ru doin...yeah been busy with my...work...so..lata...there r lots of ppl...joinin..gr8...so hows has life been...chicago...programme..u were busy...on..tat was the last i heard frm u...anyways...hii to other guys...too...have fun..take care...n god bless all :thumbup:

hey, yeah just busy with clinicals... so how are you doing? anything interesting happening back home? i was going to type this in telugu but didn't work :(
it's also beginning to get cold here.. hasn't snowed much yet though..
so anyone studying for usmle here?

hey, this is good... so some of us in the US and some in India!! so KNightInBlue... how's school?? Phram, Path, etc right? pretty soon you'll be on the USMLE forum!! :cool: ;) enjoy your time now:rolleyes:
Hey :)
yeah, taking path and micro right now, pharm is 2nd semeser with pathophys............all to be topped off by a nice round of step 1.........cant wait for this year to be over......

what about you guys? where are your residencies? what are your fields?

yeah...nothing much..in here....u know..i just joined as a junior doc..in one of the hospitals..man..its so...damn..boring...i waiting for the guy to come..in...n then he came after 2 hrs...asks me for a resume...seems like i need to make one..n then get back to him...sup lata...its been long time...gr8 to hear frm u...wat plans for diwali...hows it happening?:thumbup:

i know lots abt usmle..but seriously not interested in it...i am a little off beat frm the normal stuff...u know..practice..n stuff like tat...wanna explore new things as a doc??????????????any IDEAS..........keep me posted:thumbup:

hey,... micro huh? so getting to know all the little buggers:D

let's see... how are you doing with it.. ? our lab was fun!! much more so than the lecture! but our prof was fun too so it was alright.. path... hm.. do you go to the hospital now and follow docs around? are your parents docs? it gets to be interesting when you see the clinical side of it!!
enjoy!! and oh by the way.. you may find people with twisted sense of humor in micro lab:laugh:

i waiting for the guy to come..in...n then he came after 2 hrs...asks me for a resume...seems like i need to make one..n then get back to him...
:laugh: :laugh: that is soo funny!! sounds like india... yeah man you have to have a resume ready when you go out for jobs... so which hospital is this? do you like it there? what's going on for diwali in hyd??
:laugh: :laugh: good luck with the resume and job thingy:thumbup:

so kapil, how's it going.. ? where in the states do you live? i'm right now in chicago... doing clinical rotations....
good luck with your classes.. do you like the subjects or are you just doing this before you find something you want to do?? are you doing research in your school as well?? just curious...
and bored.. and trying to put off reading about Diabetes and HTN... :oops:

Alright y'all, have a nice day!:D

Andhariki na namaskaramulu.....sounds really funny typing it in english and really meaning it in telugu :laugh: . hey, i am glad to see you all. I like this thread. hey, lata, looks like you have started this. this is really cool yea.....what made you to start this. Thank you. well, i am from hyd, actually from e.godavaru but my parents settled in hyd. just finished my mbbs. have lots of relatives in states. my parents are pressing me a lot on usmle. i am not sure yea. thats a tough road. but i know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. but i am not sure i need to make a decission quickly. looks like lata, you are in states and doing clinicals and stuff. is that some thing like HS here? well good luck with that.

Hello everybody. iam also from Hyderabad (well basically from a small town call Vikarabad). I competed my BS in Biomedical Engineering at Marquette University, Milwaukee and now will be starting Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM-Foot & Ankle Surgery) here in Chicago.

Happy Diwali!

cool_vkb, hey! how's school? good luck with everything... so how are the feet looking??:D telugu vasthunda meeku?
take care and maybe i'll see you running the marathon on sunday!!:D

hey chenna_dr, how's it going?? by HS you mean House surgency right?? i'm not really sure what that entails... but here after two years of basic sciences we work in the hospitals/clinics -- follow doctors around initially and pretty soon we're taking history, doing a physical exam, coming up with diagnosis and differentials, treatment plan and follow ups. there are mainly 6 core rotations that i know of -- psychology, family medicine, pediatrics, OB/GYN, Internal medicine and surgery. the latter two are the biggies! :D
after this we do 5-6 months of elective rotations in various departments -- mostly deciding what we want to go into.. so some might do more of inpatient fam med or more weeks spent in peds, etc. As we do this, we also take step 1 and step II CK and CS. And also apply for residencies. So it is a long road for us. However if you are coming here with a MBBS, you'll just have to take the USMLE exams (some residency programs prefer you take step 3 as well) and then apply for residency. There are a few who come here right after MBBS and they do quite well with achieving their goal. It depends on what you want to do. Good luck:D
oh also if you want more info/support from fellow desis :)
http://www.usmleforum.com/forum/index.php?forum=1
or even http://www.usmleforum.org
, etc..

so kapil, how's it going.. ? where in the states do you live? i'm right now in chicago... doing clinical rotations....
good luck with your classes.. do you like the subjects or are you just doing this before you find something you want to do?? are you doing research in your school as well?? just curious...
and bored.. and trying to put off reading about Diabetes and HTN... :oops:

Alright y'all, have a nice day!:D

I live in illinois, a couple of hours from chicago. Right now I'm trying to do more extra-curricular activities to boost my app, volunteering in the ER.
I'm set on going to medical school, start applying next year. I want to stay in state, and go to northwestern for med school.

[B said:
kapil_MD[/B];4299327]I want to stay in state, and go to northwestern for med school.
hey kapil, i'm sure you'll get in! Good luck with everything:D so how were your diwali celebrations? I went to devon street in chi yest with friends... not much going on there.. it was disappointing.. :oops: oh well.. maybe people were home celebrating with families:D
how do you like the ER? know someone who works in one of the ERs in chi and he said that the OB/GYN ER cases are the worst.. and usually without prenatal care:eek: soo do you have any interesting stories to share? try telling them in telugu!!:laugh: :laugh:

hello......folks......
this is rohin....happy belated diwali wishes to everyone..hope andaru baga enjoy chesaru....nenu kuda baga...enjoy chesanu...it was gr8...
hello..LATA...chennai...dr...kapil dude..hows it going..good luck with ur er..stuff...good know..tat..ur really putting in some serious effort..like tat...telugu abbayi..do u have a name:) vkb..dude..same thing do u have a name..
yeah..so..happy id mubarak..to everyone..its a feast for ppl like me..its a gr8 day..if u have frens..
meru andaru. ke..all the best..n..god bless.of us..:thumbup: ...

Happy Deepawali subhakankshalu andariki..

hope you enjoyed your diwali celebrations!!
i was wondering how we say best wishes or blessings.. etc.. now i know..
it's subhakankshalu!! thanks teluguabbayi... nice nik... :laugh: there's no doubt about it.. isn't it:laugh:
have a good day everyone!:cool:

hey lata,
thanks for all the info. Yes HS mean House surgency. Well, big decissions ahead. I need to be quick though. we will see. ok then...........thanks for now......

hey guys

i am also telugu, but i was born in england and brought up here near chicago. Even though i was raised here, i grew up with telugu culture and even watch a lot of telugu movies (last one was bommarillu!) If you guys have any questions about usmle, medical schools or what not, just ask - i am always willing to help. I go to medical school in chicago - i am a third year now doing rotations. I usually surf this site but came across this particular telugu forum today and thought i would reply.

take care

hey harika, hows 3rd yr going so far? I am 2nd yr myself and I am having my ass handed to me...

I second harika's offer - anyone with questions regarding med school, clinicals etc, feel free to ask and if I can help answer them, I sure will :)

Cheers,
Knight

cool_vkb, hey! how's school? good luck with everything... so how are the feet looking??:D telugu vasthunda meeku?
take care and maybe i'll see you running the marathon on sunday!!:D

yep i know telugu but i have hard time writing telugu in English words lol! i can barely manage to write "ela unnavu?", meedi eay ooru?, etc. So r u a pre-med or already done with ur medical school.

:confused: hey folks.....hows everyone doin...hey to all the ppl.....guys....hows going.....i see lot...of...serious studies going on in the background......as we all know...this medical stream needs some serious attention...to studies...do be comfortable,anyways.......just wondering....where the thread starter,do anyone...know....where is lata??????????

hey harika, hows 3rd yr going so far? I am 2nd yr myself and I am having my ass handed to me...

I second harika's offer - anyone with questions regarding med school, clinicals etc, feel free to ask and if I can help answer them, I sure will :)

Cheers,
Knight

hey knight

3rd year is exhausting yet much better than the two years - at least for me. Its a lot of work and you get exhausted when you come home - no time to study.

how is second year treating you? Depending on the schools, some have their second year hard while for me, first year was a killer.

take care

hi everyone, fellow Telugu Med Student here! Just thought i'd share with you my video from this weekend's Diwali show here in Grenada, West Indies, @ St. George's University:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJsPB6F6Jj4&eurl=

i also have a lot of video's from Hyderabad from this Summer on my Blog/Web Site which also chronicles my Medical School experience so far...

Ok, back to studying...

Hi Every one, how you all doing? Great job in initiating thread for members of telugu medical community. I am doing residency in chicago, IL - glad to share my experiences and learn from you guys.
BOL

nice to see a telugu forum...everyone seems very helpful. I graduated from India and am doing my HS here in Chicago. Any other IMG's in here that could suggest which residency programs are available for IMG's?? thanks

namaste rakhee cinema chusare

hey all,

just saying hi to my telugu peeps,

i can speak the language but i cannot read it written in english.. :)

Nightinblue, i didnt know you were telugu! I remember the days when you posted frequently in the pre allopathic forum!

hey all,

just saying hi to my telugu peeps,

i can speak the language but i cannot read it written in english.. :)

Nightinblue, i didnt know you were telugu! I remember the days when you posted frequently in the pre allopathic forum!

lol yeah, those were the days of frantically scrambling around till one gets in................after that, the days are filled up by having your nose in books........

HAVE A MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

hey guys yeah happy new year, i need you lot to help me, how hard is iqe exam? . I was wondering if u any of you who have done it could tell me please. You would make my chrimstams and new year:)

hello everyone, can anyone give any advice on how to set up a elective/externship/observership? i'm in chicago at the moment, and i found a rotation at loretto, but would like to get a spot in a teaching hospital. I've finished MBBS in India and am in the process of my House Surgeonship(what we call internship in India) at the moment in Chicago. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

How are you doing? I"m from Chicago but went to medical school in India. Right now i'm doing my internship to complete my MBBS degree requirements. Could you advise on how to get a rotation/observership here in chicago? thank you

How are you doing? I"m from Chicago but went to medical school in India. Right now i'm doing my internship to complete my MBBS degree requirements. Could you advise on how to get a rotation/observership here in chicago? thank you

hey that would be good but im hoping to dentistry in dharwada and then pratice in the uk or us, if you could help I would be grateful.