Temple 2021 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljgissler

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I didn’t see a thread for Temple this cycle. I got an interview invite a few days ago for Friday and wanted to know if anyone else got one?? Also, if anyone has insight for what to expect come interview day? I think it’s a group one, but that’s all I know.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there last cycle and was accepted. Its a huge interview group of about 70 people, they split you up into mini group of about maybe 4 people tops. you do a quick tour and then do the group interview. pretty basic interview day

Reactions: 1 user
I’m also interviewing on Friday 9/11!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on your interview invite! I received one as well on Friday. Not sure what type of questions they will ask, but I've heard that in the past they have been very behavioral-based.

They sent out some acceptance this morning. It says the date to accept is January 15th which is somewhat stressful because I do not know if I will have heard back from all of my schools.

Hi everyone! I also interviewed with Temple on 9/11 and was accepted yesterday morning!!

Reactions: 1 users
I was informed that I got wait-listed this morning.
Congratulations to those who got accepted, I hope to share some good news in the future!

Hi Everyone. Congrats on your acceptances and those awaiting one! I have an interview for Temple on Oct. 9 and I was wondering if you all could share your experience? How did the interview go and what kinds of questions did they ask? I'm not too sure what to expect from the virtual group interview? Thanks!

Hi Everyone. Congrats on your acceptances and those awaiting one! I have an interview for Temple on Oct. 9 and I was wondering if you all could share your experience? How did the interview go and what kinds of questions did they ask? I'm not too sure what to expect from the virtual group interview? Thanks!
I also have an interview this Friday on Zoom! I work with a lot of alum and was told they normally ask the basic questions of why do you want to be a PT and you experience and what sets you apart from others!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have an interview for Friday! I heard it's a great interview experience. It seems pretty manageable.

Hi! Do not stress about the interview! It was a really great experience. The way they did mine in September was a big overview of the program to start, and then we broke out into groups based on last name - some people went to the interview first while the rest went to the student Q&A. The student Q&A was really low pressure, just a few behavioral type questions and ice breakers so they could get to know you. The group was small and it made for a nice environment to ask questions to the student leading your group. As for the interview, the questions were all also mostly behavioral (about communication, support systems, why PT..that type of thing so nothing difficult and allows you to make yourself stand out) and there was some time at the end to ask questions. I would encourage you to speak up and engage as much as possible and make conversation where you can - ask questions and just be yourself! The faculty and students were all incredibly welcoming and enjoyable to talk to. Best of luck to you!!

Update: I got accepted this afternoon!

Hey! I interviewed Oct. 9th too and got accepted! Yay! :happy: I was just wondering if anyone already decided on Temple. Just out of curiosity.

Hey! I interviewed Oct. 9th too and got accepted! Yay! :happy: I was just wondering if anyone already decided on Temple. Just out of curiosity.

It's my number one choice, but I'm waiting to hear from a few in-state schools before making a final decision! tuition is a big factor so just need to weigh all my options first.

Reactions: 2 users
It's my number one choice, but I'm waiting to hear from a few in-state schools before making a final decision! tuition is a big factor so just need to weigh all my options first.
I'm in the same boat! I got accepted into Temple a couple of weeks ago and its my top choice as well but I am still waiting to hear back from an in state school because of the cost difference. Would you happen to know of any merit based or need based aid that Temple offers?

I'm in the same boat! I got accepted into Temple a couple of weeks ago and its my top choice as well but I am still waiting to hear back from an in state school because of the cost difference. Would you happen to know of any merit based or need based aid that Temple offers?
I relate to this! I love Temple's program (I'm a Temple alum from UG and I loved my experience) but it's so expensive... I've filled out the FASFA and did research that merit based scholarships are available when you put in a deposit? I'm not sure though... I did see the CPH (College of Public Health) offers a couple of scholarships through out the program too.

It's one of my top choices, but I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of others though to see what else might come my way (mostly because of tuition and the 3 year length)

I interviewed on 11/20 and waiting on a response! The wait is killing me 😭

I interviewed on 11/20 and waiting on a response! The wait is killing me 😭
Ugh same! Like I’m confident i did well during the interview but you can never be too sure 😭 hopefully they get back to us in a week or two.

Reactions: 2 users
It's one of my top choices, but I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of others though to see what else might come my way (mostly because of tuition and the 3 year length)
Have you sent an email expressing your intent to accept or decline? I've been holding off because I'm waiting for other schools to respond but I wasn't sure if I should just sent the email

I haven't, it's a program I'd love to go to and one of my top choices for sure, but I'm holding off until I know for sure!
Have you sent an email expressing your intent to accept or decline? I've been holding off because I'm waiting for other schools to respond but I wasn't sure if I should just sent the email

Just received my acceptance! Has anyone put a deposit down yet? I’m still weighing my options and am just curious how others are deciding.

Just received my acceptance! Has anyone put a deposit down yet? I’m still weighing my options and am just curious how others are deciding.
I definitely won’t be putting a deposit down prob until the 14th/15th because I know i hear back from another school about potential interviews late December and the interview won’t even be until January. I’m also supposed to hear from another school end of December then I’m going to weigh my options from there.

I haven’t yet! I love the program but I’m just waiting to hear from one more school this week before deciding. I have no idea how to begin making decisions!

I ended up choosing Temple since it was my cheapest option all around. I will be able to commute so that alone saves me a lot. I really wanted to move to a new city for school (for the adventures and exploring) but it would just not be financially responsible of me.

If anyone also had a similar thought as me, remember you have a chance for exploration with clinicals. Just going to keep telling myself that lol.
I went to Temple for undergrad so if anyone has general questions or needs help with anything you can message me! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I ended up choosing Temple since it was my cheapest option all around. I will be able to commute so that alone saves me a lot. I really wanted to move to a new city for school (for the adventures and exploring) but it would just not be financially responsible of me.

If anyone also had a similar thought as me, remember you have a chance for exploration with clinicals. Just going to keep telling myself that lol.
I went to Temple for undergrad so if anyone has general questions or needs help with anything you can message me! :D
I’m also Temple undergrad! I graduated in 2018! Are you in state? I’m finding the tuition to be the reason why I might not be able to commit... I reached out about any scholarship opportunities and they said they aren’t decided until the spring! 😫

I’m also Temple undergrad! I graduated in 2018! Are you in state? I’m finding the tuition to be the reason why I might not be able to commit... I reached out about any scholarship opportunities and they said they aren’t decided until the spring! 😫
Relating to this..I'm out of state and I truly love temple's program and faculty. But the price tag on out of state tuition is making it really difficult to commit! I have no idea what to do!

I’m also committing to temple! (Waiting until pay day Friday to put my deposit down but I already let them know) We should connect!

• Love
Very cool, I graduated 2020! I am in state, lucky enough. I definitely understand cost being a big factor. I read through some threads on here and everyone advised to go for the cheaper options when deciding. I agree, but I also believe in going to the more favorable program (as long as the difference in cost isn't insane) and getting your money worth. I imagine it probably is a big difference though, never understood the purpose of in-state vs. out-state being a thing. Best of luck deciding and at your future program wherever it is! :D

I’m also committing to temple! (Waiting until pay day Friday to put my deposit down but I already let them know) We should connect!
Definitely! Message me your social medias, number, email, whatever haha. I tried finding a facebook page for the cohort but I don't think anyone made one yet.

Has anyone who has been Waitlisted heard anything?

I can confirm that they have started to ask waitlisted people. I was on the waitlist and got accepted yesterday. Deposited a couple hours ago.

Just put down my deposit with Temple 🥳.
Haha just kidding. I got into my top choice school last Wednesday and it’s cheaper than Temple so I’ll be withdrawing soon. Hopefully this helps someone on the waitlist!!

Did anyone else put down their deposit? There isn’t a fb group yet and I’m super excited to meet you all!

Hi! I will be attending Temple's DPT program this summer! Would love to connect with anyone attending