Temple ACMS Post-Bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drctother

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so i cant find the answer to this question. Just wondering if people are actually getting accepted into this program with anything less than a 3.3? Is a 3.0 and 30 MCAT not competitive enough to get into this program? I read that 1000 people apply to 25 spots on another forum, i dunno how accurate that is

thoughts? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think Temple looks too closely at the MCAT, they only ask for SAT scores, but a 30 would likely be a good thing since that's the required score for immediate admission into the medical school from the post-bacc program. As for whether your GPA is competitive I can't really say, but they do specifically state that successful applicants generally have a 3.3 or better so you'd probably need to have a great SAT score and solid ECs to get in with a 3.0. I am applying to this program for fall 2011 with a 3.3 but I have seen other people not get in with a 3.6 so it's a little intimidating. Sorry this wasn't more helpful...

No that was helpful, thank you. The thing that is a disadvantage for me is I am Canadian and we dont write the SAT lol so i have no score. I have a huge list of ECs and good LORs so i hope that will help me. I would love to go to this school too, it looks amazing

Good luck

For those you who have much information about the qualification of getting into this program, can you PM me and chance me? I'm very much interested in this program and apply at the earliest opportunity available. Thanks~