lilwheezy

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys...I know alot of you are thinking about taking a year off and doing an SMP program. The Temple ACMS program (Advanced Core in Medical Sciences) GUARANTEES admission into Temple School of Medicine after completion of the program. Its a brand new program that started this year and I have many friends that are in it right now. While in the program, you have to maintain a 3.5 and have at least a 30 on the MCAT (you must have a 30 by the end of the program). It's a really good way to get into medical school but admission is selective so apply early. Here is the link:
http://www.temple.edu/medicine/education/post_bac_programs_career_enhancer.htm
Good luck:)

divot787

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Lilwheezy, I'm curious. What are your friends saying about their ability to maintain a 3.5 GPA in the ACMS program? Are they enjoying their time at Temple?

About the Ads

NeuroS

10+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was curious about that too. How hard is it maintain a 3.5...?

BigRed200888

Mar 15, 2010
Status (Visible)
Temple ACMS is a great program but they had over 1000 applicants for 25 spots last year. I was told by someone on the admin committe that if you don't have at least a 3.5 science gpa, dont apply this year! Thats how crazy competitive this program has gotten with the guaranteed acceptance. it no longer is a post-bacc but just as hard or harder to get into as a med school. Don't waste your time applying.

skiddoc

comic relife
Sep 24, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I really liked Temple Med, but I swore to myself that I wouldn't give them any more money after they rejected me. However, should be a pretty great program, and if you already have a 30 or above on the MCAT, all you have to worry about is maintaining a high GPA. Good luck.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.