rebeclette

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
Hello Everybody!
I was wondering if any of you current med students could give me some insite into the clinical years at Jefferson and Temple. I'm trying to decide between the two, and I have friends at both schools, but they are first years, so they don't have much to go on yet.
Do you feel good about the clinical training at your school? Is there a lot of hands on involvment, and not a lot of scut? I really liked both schools, everywhere has their ups and downs, and I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible!

nutmegs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by rebeclette
Hello Everybody!
I was wondering if any of you current med students could give me some insite into the clinical years at Jefferson and Temple. I'm trying to decide between the two, and I have friends at both schools, but they are first years, so they don't have much to go on yet.
Do you feel good about the clinical training at your school? Is there a lot of hands on involvment, and not a lot of scut? I really liked both schools, everywhere has their ups and downs, and I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible!

Well... I am at Temple. but I'm a first year... so this is worth what you're paying for it... but I have heard nothing but phenomenal things about our clinical years. From multiple people I have heard that it's "see one, do one, teach one" and you will get the chance to do as much and as many proceedures as you'd like to (you are limited by your own motivation, not much else). Last year I heard a fourth year speak right after the match and she said in her interviews, Temple's reputation for clinically-prepared students was apparent. I also heard of another guy who went on to do his residency at Penn and was actually doing less there in his first year than he had been in his 4th year. Naturally, this is all second hand, but the stuff I've done as a first year during some shadowing seems to indicate these anecdotes are not far off. If the clinical exposure is a reason you choose Temple, I don't think you're making a bad decsion. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get a great education at either school!!!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.