Temple-best place to stay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spacetygrss

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi.

For those of you who interviewed at Temple, where did you stay? Did you choose one of the places that they suggested in their confirmation letter? If so, which is the best (as far as location, quality of room, etc).

Thanks.
 
spacetygrss said:
Hi.

For those of you who interviewed at Temple, where did you stay? Did you choose one of the places that they suggested in their confirmation letter? If so, which is the best (as far as location, quality of room, etc).

Thanks.

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express on Walnut Street. There was a breakfast. The quality of the room was optimal. I took a cab to and from Temple. It was cool. Cab was expensive though.
 
For hotels, checkout biddingfortravel.com to get an idea of how much people bidded for hotels in similar place/time... then go to priceline.com
find out what 1-2 neighborhoods that are close to where to want to go.
Can save you a lot. I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn when I took my Step 2 CS in Philly, it was like under $50/night + tax through priceline.com but parking was like 10-15 in their garage over night... but the place had free wireless internet access, etc... I did a similar thing for Boston visit, under $50/night for a Doubletree hotel... in Cambridge, took the train in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anywhere in Center City is good to stay. The Holiday Inn Express is great because it's also near Broad Street and you can take the subway to Temple if you don't want to take a cab. Otherwise there are plenty of places to stay in that area. I would just search for hotels in Center City Phila.
Good Luck.
 
I believe the double tree in center city offers a discount for people on "temple business." $75 per night, i believe. call and check it out.
 
Thanks you guys.

I've already gone to the interview at this point. Philly's a nice city. Thought that Temple was pretty cool too.

Anyhow, thanks again.