1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Temple--Brian

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by vaio, Dec 9, 2005.

1. vaio

vaio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Is it true that Temple has already filled its class? I have an interview in Jan., and i'm hearing that its a waste of time and money to go the interview??? A few ppl have posted something of the sort on the interview feedback section

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Peter North

Peter North Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Only if a majority of people who received an acceptance decide to matriculate into the class. I was accepted and will be declining shortly so i would say quite unlikely that they filled their class

4. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    They have a class of 125. When I was there in November I was told they would send out 200 acceptences on Dec 1st. Others on SDN have said they were told they sent out more around 300. So, chances are not as good as pre-dec. 1st but I think there could still be a chance. Alot of people are going to need to turn down their acceptences. :scared:

5. jabeck74

jabeck74 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    How can they send out 200-300 acceptances? What if 150 of those decide to go? Sounds like a big gamble on their part to assume that many will decline.

6. PickMe

PickMe Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

they look at previous years at how many accepted. its really not much of a gamble considering every other year they need to send out an additional 100 acceptances after dec. 1st.

7. donkeywhisperer

donkeywhisperer Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    When I called, the guy I talked to said that they would be sending out a lot more acceptances in January. So that's what I'm hopin' for.

8. DentalNerd

DentalNerd Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    We were told about 200 offers mail in Dec then another 100 mid Jan. Additional offers sent later if needed to fill the class of 125.

If you have an interest in Temple, then I would attend providing your interview is before Jan 13th. If your stats are good and you interview well, you still have a pretty good shot. I think your chances of acceptance will decrease greatly if your interview is mid-late Jan. By then, the second round of offers will be sent. Just something to think about.

Hope this helps.

9. 3rdMolarRoller

3rdMolarRoller User Account Deleted
    7+ Year Member

In general, a school sends out 3x more acceptances than seats