Temple Class Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent2009

YEEE BOI
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this class schedule on another post. Is this the schedule for entire 1st year? If not what is the second half like? winter/summer breaks? Anyone have a link of the schedule for the second, third and fourth? Thanks!

Monday
Dental Materials 8-930
Biochem 930-1130
Preventive Dentistry Clinic 1230-430 (you only have to go once, will be scheduled later)
but for the first few weeks you will have scheduled meetings during this time

Tuesday & Thursday
Histology 830-1130
Restorative Dentistry I Lecture 1230-130
RD I Lab 130-430

Wednesday
Behavioral Science 830-930
Biochem 930-1130
Histology 130-430 (it will typically only be from 130-2)

Friday
Preventive Dentistry 9-10
Biochem 10-1130
Biochem Review (optional) 1230-230

Members don't see this ad.

I saw this class schedule on another post. Is this the schedule for entire 1st year? If not what is the second half like? winter/summer breaks? Anyone have a link of the schedule for the second, third and fourth? Thanks!

Monday
Dental Materials 8-930
Biochem 930-1130
Preventive Dentistry Clinic 1230-430 (you only have to go once, will be scheduled later)
but for the first few weeks you will have scheduled meetings during this time

Tuesday & Thursday
Histology 830-1130
Restorative Dentistry I Lecture 1230-130
RD I Lab 130-430

Wednesday
Behavioral Science 830-930
Biochem 930-1130
Histology 130-430 (it will typically only be from 130-2)

Friday
Preventive Dentistry 9-10
Biochem 10-1130
Biochem Review (optional) 1230-230

yea, that's only for first semester

for second semester i think we take

gross anatomy + lab
neuroanatomy
restorative II lecture
restorative II lab
periodontology
dental materials II

we get 2 weeks for xmas vacation, and i think 1 week for spring break. there are two summer sessions and first year only take the first summer session (restorative II lecture + lab continued + physiology), while every other year you take both sessions.

here is the academic year in perspective
http://www.dental.temple.edu/admissions/academic_year.htm

yea, that's only for first semester

for second semester i think we take

gross anatomy + lab
neuroanatomy
restorative II lecture
restorative II lab
periodontology
dental materials II

we get 2 weeks for xmas vacation, and i think 1 week for spring break. there are two summer sessions and first year only take the first summer session (restorative II lecture + lab continued + physiology), while every other year you take both sessions.

here is the academic year in perspective
http://www.dental.temple.edu/admissions/academic_year.htm

Thanks for the info. How about the hours? any early days?

Members don't see this ad :)
First year, Second semester 2009: classes end by 4pm.

Last edited:
First year, Second semester 2009: classes end by 4pm.

End by 4PM everyday during second semester??? cause some days you end earlier in the first year, first semester.

i think mondays we end early, i havent looked at my class schedule yet.

i think mondays we end early, i havent looked at my class schedule yet.

I would really like to know the details of every single year (classes, time, etc). Does anybody have access to this info? I'd really like to map out my 4 years at Temple. Also do you get a break between the 2 summer sessions??? how about the second summer session and fall semester??? Thanks!!!

I would really like to know the details of every single year (classes, time, etc). Does anybody have access to this info? I'd really like to map out my 4 years at Temple. Also do you get a break between the 2 summer sessions??? how about the second summer session and fall semester??? Thanks!!!

is this information really going to impact your decision between temple and NJDS? you'll be busy as hell no matter what dental school you attend.

is this information really going to impact your decision between temple and NJDS? you'll be busy as hell no matter what dental school you attend.

agreed. :thumbup:

seriously, even though i have only been here one semester at Temple, it has been a great experience. everyone helps everyone out. im dead serious. people send each other notes and other various materials to help each other out during exam times. once again i'm not joking. it's a very friendly atmosphere. so when brian said Temple is like family, he wasn't joking.

and no Temple didn't pay me to say that.

Its not really useful to give a specific schedule anyway, because some students take longer to do lab projects than others, and so the schedule will ultimately vary from student to student. The schedule may say that classes end at 4pm, but that might not be the time that you finish for the day.

its hard to say expecially 3rd and 4th years, since you are in clinic then.
You have some set classes, but other than that its up to YOU to get your clinic requirements done. if you dont want to go into school MWF you dont have to. if you only want to get your requirements done 1 day a week go a head, but you may be quite a bit behind.
After first semester you have classes pretty much M-F from 8 ~ 4