bump...COME ON PEOPLE.

truckibear

10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
dpmjeff77 said:
bump...COME ON PEOPLE.
Congratulations! I'm sorry I can't say the same but if you don't mind me asking, what was your impression of Temple and did you apply to any other podiatric schools? I'm guessing that you have some background of podiatric medicine considering the fact that TUSPM requires a letter of rec from a podiatric physician. Any information you can offer on DPM programs and what you know about the field would be great. Thanks and congratulations again! :)

sneakfreak

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2004
Status
......I was accepted to the class of 2008, too! I was accepted to the undergrad college, but opted for another school. I shadowed a DPM at Yale-New Haven Hospital, and he said that Temple's academics are pretty much number one.

One of the residents that I shadowed was a third-year from Temple. Anyways, Good luck! :luck:

dpmjeff77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
So where are you going??

sneakfreak

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2004
Status
I am going to Temple........I was just quoting some of the things I had heard about the program.......I am actually waiting for my financial information. Are you staying on the campus?

dpmjeff77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
Yeah, I was hoping to stay on campus there at TUSPM just for convenience. When did you find out about your acceptance?
Where are you now? What were your stats?
Im in iowa right now, but im from va beach, va.
I had a 3.2 GPA and 18s on the DAT.
I hope there are still rooms available in the dorms.

Jeff

DRJME

Future Doctor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2004
Status
Well congratulations!! I applied to podiatric medical school and osteopathic medical school. I am from the west coast, so naturally my first choice was California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt ( Oakland/SF). I got in!!! Yeah, but now I am deliberating over osteo and podiatry. What made all of you choose podiatry??

dpmjeff77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
The opportunity to do specialized medicine right off the bat...the idea of opening my own practice...the laid back aura...the opportunities....the hands on experience...

KmB247

Intercooled 10.0
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2004
Chicago
Status
Other Health Professions Student
dpmjeff77 said:
The opportunity to do specialized medicine right off the bat...the idea of opening my own practice...the laid back aura...the opportunities....the hands on experience...
Hey Jeff,

It just dawned on me that your probably the same guy posting on "the podiatry forum". Congrats on your acceptance, its great to have your enthusiasm spreading across the boards.

DRJME said:
What made all of you choose podiatry??
Check out the other thread Looking for DPM info for some input on why some people chose podiatry.

dpmjeff77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
Thanks KmB247,
I think every pre pod kid or anyone that is looking into the field seriously should know what they are in for and this profession should not be overlooked.

How are your classes going by the way??
Where are you at?

Jeff

AlKlineDPM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2005
www.thefootblog.wordpress.com
Status
Congratulations Jeff

Just posted a message for Temple Alumni and prospective students and grads. We have a forum set up for further discussion. Enjoy!

*edit: link removed by DrMom*

EvilNewbie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2004
Status
Hey Jeff, i'm from the Va. Beach and also attending Temple this fall. Where did you grad. from your undergrad? Do we know each other/cross path?

Sincerely,

Curious George

dpmjeff77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
YOOOOO !!
what high school did you go to?? I AM FROM VA BEACH TOO !!!! i went to ocean lakes hs.

dude, are you living in the dorms? AWESOME !!

i can't believe this !!
Im in iowa right now but im coming home in early august, chillin for a few weeks, then heading up...

hey give me a call man,
obviously my name is jeff, mcalister :smuggrin:

EvilNewbie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2004
Status
Hey Jeff, I'm trying to get a dorm room in Temple. As soon as I get the application for the room I'll go on-line and apply. I went to Iowa too! Very impress with their organization but I wasn't impress with their clinic..............the area is kinda dull too (nothing personal to ppl. from Des Moines Uni., great school though)
I guess we'll see each other in Temple........when are you moving there? I'm moving there mid August.

Anyways, lemme know if u're interested in hanging out before school starts.

dr2bjake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2005
Status
Sup guys!

Just want to say that after some deliberation I have chosen Temple as well. I will be mailing my deposit and other materials very soon!
I think we made the right choice... "Kick - ass" clinic, MD style curriculum, and in Philly!

Any body else hear about their academic prowess???

Look forward to the school, philly, and of course podiatry!

As for housing... I am heading up there with my girlfriend and will probably pick an apartment somewhere nearby.

Just wanted to say what's up...

Holla back!

Jake

dpmjeff77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
EvilNewbie said:
CONGRATS! Another soon to be classmate :)
Hey guys !
Are you getting new laptops or computers before you head off?? Just wondering if you think it is necessary or totally a waste of money and won't ever need it. :eek:

Jeff

EvilNewbie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2004
Status
New laptop? hm..........i don't think so :)
I'm bringing my antique desk top with me. The school has new computers if I need it I'll walk next door :)

And your scope forum.............there's a podiatrist in Richmond who does surgery all the way to the hip. Thought I let you know.

dpmjeff77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status
EvilNewbie said:
I'm bringing my antique desk top with me. The school has new computers if I need it I'll walk next door :)

And your scope forum.............there's a podiatrist in Richmond who does surgery all the way to the hip. Thought I let you know.
oh wierd I didn't see any new computers at all. I just saw old ones.

Have you received your housing stuff yet?

J

PM2

Podiatric Medical Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2005
Ken..No..sha, WI
Status
EvilNewbie said:

Hello...

Congrats on your acceptance. Although I am biased towards Scholl, I know of Scholl Graduates/3rd and 4th year students who enjoyed meeting peers from Temple.

If you would really like to discover the "scope" of a podiatrist, I would suggest you ask one of your prof's for the .pdfs that explain each state's "scope" since they vary quite a lot. Most states are uniform in the fact that they allow soft tissue surgery up to the hip. At least one state allows hand surgery under certain circumstances.

Podiatry has lots to offer.

Good Luck. Remember to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. :D ;)