Temple - Having Trouble Collecting Teeth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPdent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guyss,

Is anyone having trouble collecting teeth LIKE ME!?!!! I went to 6-10 offices (not counting the ones that said no rightaway!!) and left the jars at each place for like 2 months!! I just called to check and there's only like 5-9 from each dentist i went to (oral surgeons.). I can't believe it. I guess ppl are not very willing to help/be nice in my area!....well we'll see if this number goes up by orientation :smuggrin:

How's everybody doing? ARe you guys having a good amount?

-J

Members don't see this ad.

JPdent said:
Hey guyss,

Is anyone having trouble collecting teeth LIKE ME!?!!! I went to 6-10 offices (not counting the ones that said no rightaway!!) and left the jars at each place for like 2 months!! I just called to check and there's only like 5-9 from each dentist i went to (oral surgeons.). I can't believe it. I guess ppl are not very willing to help/be nice in my area!....well we'll see if this number goes up by orientation :smuggrin:

-J
You have 32 in of your own you can contribute. LOL. j/k. People have a tendency to save them especially if it's from their child/children just to show to family and then in the trash they will go.

hey JP,
so far i've got around 2 quarts of teeth approximately... both my father and his buddy oral surgeon are collecting for me. I've had a couple of other students ask me for help in respects to teeth and as long as I've got enough to spare you are more than welcome to have some. I'm almost positive there are other students that are going to have more than enough that would be willing to give you some when the time comes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll probably have extra...but you get to dig through all of my rejects... :D

Thanks tug1625 & 1992Corolla in advance!! I hope it won't be a big deal if you have less than a quart huh?!

JPdent said:
Hey guyss,

-J

if i recall, u don't need the extracted teeth until 2nd semester (after 1st semester dental anatomy, you'll be able to distinguish the teeth anyhow), and if you dont have enough by then, someone in your class will share with you, trust me extracted teeth will be the least of your worries!

jiffbedgerson said:
if i recall, u don't need the extracted teeth until 2nd semester (after 1st semester dental anatomy, you'll be able to distinguish the teeth anyhow), and if you dont have enough by then, someone in your class will share with you, trust me extracted teeth will be the least of your worries!

Thank you!

JPdent said:
Thanks tug1625 & 1992Corolla in advance!! I hope it won't be a big deal if you have less than a quart huh?!
Dude RELAX and enjoy the rest of the summer. It's not like they weigh out the teeth during orientation and kick you out if you don't make the cut. They tell you to get a crapload b/c 1) most of the teeth you collect are going to be crappy ones you can't use 2) Some d-bags don't bring any teeth so you have to cover for them. Honestly, I probably used maybe 15 total thru my preclinic years and gave the rest away. It's not about quantity and all about quality.

flat4 said:
Dude RELAX and enjoy the rest of the summer. It's not like they weigh out the teeth during orientation and kick you out if you don't make the cut. They tell you to get a crapload b/c 1) most of the teeth you collect are going to be crappy ones you can't use 2) Some d-bags don't bring any teeth so you have to cover for them. Honestly, I probably used maybe 15 total thru my preclinic years and gave the rest away. It's not about quantity and all about quality.

hey J...
don't forget to save some for the WREB's ...if you do take those..=o)

cusp of carabelli said:
hey J...
don't forget to save some for the WREB's ...if you do take those..=o)
What's up bud? How's sunny SoCal you lucky bum? Hope you're enjoying yourself.

I'm taking the NERBS for sure but I may be taking the WREBS as well depending on where I end up as I will be applying to CA programs. Take it easy man.