Temple in-state Tuition 2nd year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tunaman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was accepted to Kornberg recently, I was wondering how difficult it is to qualify for in-state tuition after 1st year. Im from NJ and live 20mins from the school. Any advice would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I think you would have to show proof that you truly reside there, not simply to attend school in order to get in-state tuition. That would mean establishing a physical address in PA and also showing proof of income (ie you paid some state/city income taxes there). You'll have to show proof of this when you try to get in-state residency, so if you plan to give it a shot get on it now. Move there, get a job there, etc. in order to have the best case to argue that you are a true resident. Even with that, it will be difficult to prove you aren't just trying to claim residency so that you pay less tuition.

Thank you. I am starting work in the city on Jan 1st, so I will have income verification and proof of paying PA tax, plus I plan to change my DL, car insurance, and Registration over. I have every intention of staying in the city following graduation. Its not like im from LA, I literally live 16 miles from the school on the jersey side. Temple would still be cheaper than Penn for me, so the residency situation isnt a dealbreaker for me