temple interview coming up!! nervous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preDO12345678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, question to the ones who have gone to temple interviews in the past. What kind of questions do they ask? The podiatrist I shadowed told me it would be some casual conversation to get ot know me, it's not that formal. :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Temple's interview process, for me, was very relaxed and nothing to worry about. Honestly, don't be worried. It's open file so they will talk about you. I really didn't get any hardball questions like "what is your worst trait" or "how would you fix healthcare?" So really, don't worry!!

hey, question to the ones who have gone to temple interviews in the past. What kind of questions do they ask? The podiatrist I shadowed told me it would be some casual conversation to get ot know me, it's not that formal. :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Don't be worried about the Temple interview, it's more just to get to know you a little and will last less than 15 minutes most likely. And stay at the double tree if you can, it's reallly nice (and get the cookie too).

Members don't see this ad :)
the only thing you should worry about is...what's for lunch??

Is there a group interview?

would anyone say... interview at temple is relatively more casual than at NYCPM ?

Thanks; can you guys tell me what the obama care is all about?? I was being asked during my interview... and i blanked out =( .. X@#@%#%#$@^!:mad::mad:

recommendation from my pre-health adviser who was on the med school admissions committee for decades told me. just know the basics. for example, just know that it's goal is to provide universal coverage by requiring them to purchase a plan unless they already have one. of course you'll need to know more if the interviewer will ask more specific questions. however at temple, they didn't, and i don't think they will. remember not to take sides unless you are specifically asked whether or not you support the reform. if you want to more, simply google it or go here http://www.healthcare.gov/law/index.html

recommendation from my pre-health adviser who was on the med school admissions committee for decades told me. just know the basics. for example, just know that it's goal is to provide universal coverage by requiring them to purchase a plan unless they already have one. of course you'll need to know more if the interviewer will ask more specific questions. however at temple, they didn't, and i don't think they will. remember not to take sides unless you are specifically asked whether or not you support the reform. if you want to more, simply google it or go here http://www.healthcare.gov/law/index.html

In this case, your play on words is important. You should says something like "Well, from my understanding..." or "I don't know too much into the details but what I understand is...". You might not be able to say much, but if you throw your lack of knowledge out of the way with the initial statement, and proceed to supply information; its basically disguising the fact you don't know much. Does this make sense?

Example:
If someone asks "How many bones are in the foot?"

"Well, I'm no expert, but I learned in my anatomy class that there is the calcaneus, cuboid, navicular, talus, metatarsals, and phalanges..."

This is completely different from saying

"In my anatomy class I learned about calcaneus, cuboid, navicular, talus, metatarsals, and phalanges, but I don't know that much."

Ending with the negative statement implies incompetence.

Did they really call it "Obamacare"? If yes, people really should start calling it it's real name, the affordable care act.

Last edited:
Just finished with the interview at Temple! it was fast and super casual!