Temple Interview This Week :S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sap1622

SPatel
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's my first interview of the season and I am pretty nervous. I know Temple has a video portion and I'm deathly afraid of that part. Has anyone done an interview there yet? I hope it's not as stressful as I think :/ Oh btw my interview is the 22nd, anyone else going on that day??

Members don't see this ad.

good luck dude. Temple is one of my top choices, hopefully I get an interview there soon. By the way are you a PA or DE resident?

Hey guys, it's my first interview of the season and I am pretty nervous. I know Temple has a video portion and I'm deathly afraid of that part. Has anyone done an interview there yet? I hope it's not as stressful as I think :/ Oh btw my interview is the 22nd, anyone else going on that day??

Members don't see this ad :)
I will also be there on the 22nd! Im planning on outlining the major points I want to make in the video statement and practicing it a few times to get comfortable. Im from NYC, see you there!

27th here! Can't wait for the fun to begin.

Everything bing12 said in that post is accurate. I was there last week. I know you hear this a lot, but just go be yourself. That's why they are bringing you there. They want to check out your personality. So bring it. This will probably be one of the most relaxed interviews you will have. Don't freak yourself out over the writing sample or video. It's really not a big deal. You're basically just going there to hang out for a few hours.

Here's the real advice! The burrito place at lunch was legit. Grab a fork and extra napkins. The voucher you get for lunch will cover a burrito. Bring a buck or two for a drink.

In my experience if you have receieved an interview at Temple, then you've been accepted. Brian Hahn will ask you to just "let us know by email" if you'd like to go there. :rolleyes: If I flew to Philadelphia and I don't have an acceptance because it's before Dec.1, of course I want to get effing accepted!! Interview was a joke, and I'm sure the new video component is a joke too. Don't worry about it.

Hey there! I also have my interview on the 22nd. Just got the call last week, and decided that of the options 9/22 vs some time in mid-October, 9/22 would be my best bet. SO jazzed about it. And by that I mean, I'm not ready to make my camera debut and am semi-petrified hah. Can't wait to see you others there :)

RE: residency question - GA

Hey, I just got an interview invite.

What airport should I fly into? I want to get a price estimate before I schedule.

:thumbup: thanks

Hey, I just got an interview invite.

What airport should I fly into? I want to get a price estimate before I schedule.

:thumbup: thanks

Probably PHL. Skip car rental. I suggest taking the nearest date you can. The vibe is that they give you short notice on purpose.

So yeah, don't stress out too much over the video. Everybody feels awkward about it and messes up and looks nervous during the statement. You'll be fine! Everyone here at the school is really laid back.

so yeah, don't stress out too much over the video. Everybody feels awkward about it and messes up and looks nervous during the statement. You'll be fine! Everyone here at the school is really laid back.

+1

Hey Everyone,

I interviewed at Temple Dental School two days ago. For the interview, they put each of us in a room with a video camera and we had up to 4 minutes to speak. The prompt was something like: Explain your interest in dentistry and why we should accept you to Temple. I knew about the video interview in advance so I prepared a 4 minute speech and rehearsed it many times. Brian seemed impressed by my preparation and said I was the first person all year to come in with a well-rehearsed 4 minute speech. When I got home, I videotaped myself giving the speech and put it onto YouTube. Feel free to use it as a reference for preparing your own speeches.