Temple interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Di227

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if any of you knew what the interview at Temple is like? I have an interview Nov 18th. I just sent them my transcripts but I don't have my letters of recommendations in yet, and I'm sure if they will have them by the time of the interview. Do you think this is a big deal? The secretary told me no, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions?
I'm still pretty new to the podiatry school process. I applied to MD and DO schools in the summer, but I recently started looking into podiatry and thought it seemed really neat. So I shadowed a podiatrist and applied to 3 of these schools as well. Hopefully, all will work out! :)
Anyways...I'd love to hear your impressions about Temple's interview and the school itself!

Members don't see this ad.

Di227 said:
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if any of you knew what the interview at Temple is like? I have an interview Nov 18th. I just sent them my transcripts but I don't have my letters of recommendations in yet, and I'm sure if they will have them by the time of the interview. Do you think this is a big deal? The secretary told me no, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions?
I'm still pretty new to the podiatry school process. I applied to MD and DO schools in the summer, but I recently started looking into podiatry and thought it seemed really neat. So I shadowed a podiatrist and applied to 3 of these schools as well. Hopefully, all will work out! :)
Anyways...I'd love to hear your impressions about Temple's interview and the school itself!

Well, it's pretty laid back. Actually, it's really laid back. I actually went with my wife to her interview and they had group interviews. What I thought was really interesting was that they asked me to sit with them while they were having their interview! So, I got to see what it was like. It was just conversational...no stress...basic questions...like why podiatry? I was pretty surprised they asked me to come along with them...

The interview was with 1 interviewer and like 4 other applicants in a group setting...Hope this helps!

Generallee said:
Well, it's pretty laid back. Actually, it's really laid back. I actually went with my wife to her interview and they had group interviews. What I thought was really interesting was that they asked me to sit with them while they were having their interview! So, I got to see what it was like. It was just conversational...no stress...basic questions...like why podiatry? I was pretty surprised they asked me to come along with them...

The interview was with 1 interviewer and like 4 other applicants in a group setting...Hope this helps!

What school was that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Generallee said:

thanks! that helped a lot...glad to know it's not crazy stressful :)

jonwill said:
Look at the original post you monkey!

Look Mr. "Im a cool third year and am too good for 2nd years", Generallee never specified if it was Temple he/she was speaking of or if it was a different school he/she went to. Just because you are a self-proclaimed super genious of the front row who likes to answer Dr. Meetz's Rhetorical, roaming questions and hob-knobing with Dr. Knussel in front of the SEB, doesnt mean you can call me a monkey.

randersen said:
What school was that?

Just to clarify... it was Temple. However, I didn't mention this was in 2002....

Generallee said:

CORRECTION! I just talked with my wife and she reminded me that she had two interviews. One with the group and one with a professor. The one with the professor is more serious and asked more detailed questions like grades, etc.

Generallee said:
CORRECTION! I just talked with my wife and she reminded me that she had two interviews. One with the group and one with a professor. The one with the professor is more serious and asked more detailed questions like grades, etc.

That sounds a little more like it. I would be skeptical if the school had a big group interview with no focus on the individual students.

Generallee said:

good to know! Did your wife end up going to Temple?