Temple Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many people are invited for an interview at Temple?

Also, any tips for the interview would be GREATLY appreciated! I know that Temple is rolling, but is it better to go for an earlier interview anyway?

Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Stephie said:

Also, any tips for the interview would be GREATLY appreciated! I know that Temple is rolling, but is it better to go for an earlier interview anyway?

Thanks for any advice!

I met a few people that go to Temple while I was living in Philly this past fall and they all said that the Temple adcom is exceptionally slow. One girl didn't have an interview until June and still got accepted last year. Talk about last minute planning! I don't know if they have started doing interviews yet, but I know that last year they began them really late and ended them really late in the summer. Did you get an invite?

calrx said:
I met a few people that go to Temple while I was living in Philly this past fall and they all said that the Temple adcom is exceptionally slow. One girl didn't have an interview until June and still got accepted last year. Talk about last minute planning! I don't know if they have started doing interviews yet, but I know that last year they began them really late and ended them really late in the summer. Did you get an invite?

Ha, I think I'm still half asleep because I just read your post again and realized that of course you have an interview! If I find out how many they intervew I'll let you know. I think I need more sleep....

Members don't see this ad :)
calrx said:
Ha, I think I'm still half asleep because I just read your post again and realized that of course you have an interview! If I find out how many they intervew I'll let you know. I think I need more sleep....

Thanks for the reply calrx! I'm excited to call on Monday and set up my interview, but I guess from what you say I might not hear back from them for a while afterwards! I guess I'll try to set ip my interview date as soon as I can anyway.

Stephie said:

Thanks for any advice!

If it's anything like last year, then it's a lot of people. Basically anyone with a GPA of 3.3 or higher were invited to interview last year--hopefully they have changed their methods, although I haven't heard. Also, the interviews last year were done in a group of normally 5 people with one professor. Read the interview feedback on SDN. I don't think acceptance letters were sent out until the end of April last year or first week in May. So prepare for a long wait.

Good luck!

Hey Stephie! Congrats on the interview to Temple! I got one too! But I'm already going to Shenandoah! lol...and Temple has definitely changed their interview inviting process because I definitely don't have a 3.3 gpa...lol Congrats again on the interview!

I just got an interview letter from temple. I have idea how many people they are interviewing. BUt when i signed up for it, i was one of three people at that same time.
I have it first thing on monday (jan 30). That is the first day they are having the interview.
Anyone has any advice, it would greatly appreciate it. Please HELP!!!!

hey everyone, who else has interview at temple on the 30th? are the essays random for each student? most of the feedbacks are positive, so good luck guys

Hey guys i have an interview coming up. Been practicing for the interview and needed some help with couple of questions.
I have seen this two questions pop up so many times and have no clue where to find the answers.

How many board certified Pharmacists do we have in the US?

How many prescrition drugs are in the market.

If somebody can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please help here!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called Temple yesterday, and someone told me that the interviews are in a group format (5 people for every interviewer) and that they invite about 550-750 people each year!

I'm going for an interview Tuesday- Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Good Luck everyone!

Stephie said:
I just called Temple yesterday, and someone told me that the interviews are in a group format (5 people for every interviewer) and that they invite about 550-750 people each year!

I'm going for an interview Tuesday- Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Good Luck everyone!

I have an interview with Temple too. I'm not going until early February b/c I have other interviews to attend. That is a huge interview pool! Does anyone know how many people Temple accepts each year? Also, is anyone else coming from out-of-state for Temple's interview? Anyone flying in? For those of you who are, where are you staying and how are you getting to the interview? I've never been to the Philly area and need some help!

Thanks!

rxprincess said:
I have an interview with Temple too. I'm not going until early February b/c I have other interviews to attend. That is a huge interview pool! Does anyone know how many people Temple accepts each year? Also, is anyone else coming from out-of-state for Temple's interview? Anyone flying in? For those of you who are, where are you staying and how are you getting to the interview? I've never been to the Philly area and need some help!

Thanks!

I highly recommend researching the hotels before you select one to stay at. Temple is a very nice school, has a nice campus, and an excellent reputation; however, it is in one of the WORST areas of Philly. I'm not trying to scare you, just warning you to be cautious.

Hey you are very right. It is in a very bad area. Actually the place can also be hard to find and the parking is a bit of a problem too. I work at the pharmacy school in research, so i know.
Please try to get good directions and plenty of time so you can find good parking and everything.
If anyway I can help, please let me know. I just moved here like a few months ago, but i will try my best.
Good Luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!

*Delurking*

I'm a Temple alum. The interview is usually a panel with 5 students and 2 professors. The questions that I remember were very generic, like how much pharmacy experience you have, why did you choose to apply to pharmacy school, etc. I remember one guy in my interview group said that he "was applying to pharmacy school because he was rejected from medical school the previous yr" :eek: There was also an essay after the interview.

I think they had about 150 in the most recent incoming class (going by my recollection of the alumni newsletter).

As for the poster traveling to the interview, maybe think about getting a hotel in center city(downtown) and taking the subway to campus.

Good luck to you guys, and if you have any other questions about Temple, just ask.

The current PY1 class has 158 students. Expect to have a class around that size.

As for getting there if you are out of town or even from around Philly. be aware that the pharmacy school is on the Health Sciences Campus (not Main Campus). You can get directions from temple's website, http://www.temple.edu/maps/

Please double check your directions and definitely leave in plenty of time. Be aware that the campus is in North Philly--not the greatest neighborhood. If you are from out-of-town I agree with the poster above--get a hotel in center city and then take the subway down to the campus.

Definitely read the feedback on sdn. There you will read numerous feedback posts on the type of interview--you will definitely have a group interview--normally 5 students for one professor. Then you will get a tour of the school with current students.

Most important of all--relax!
Good luck!