Temple Interviews In December...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iambatman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like Temple invite A LOT of students to interview (just check out the interview feedback, and interview list).

My question: Isn't the class filled up by now? Is it even worth the time and money to interview in December? In terms of the number of students that get interviewed, isn't the ACCEPTENCE number, VERY low?

If you've allready been there, and have information, I'd really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have an interview by all means go to it. It seems that temple is in the unfortunate position of being a school that people go to if there choices are very limited (perhaps limited only to Temple). It seems then to fill there class with the best possible they need to interview and admit lots of students knowing that many will go elsewhere. It’s regrettable because Temple’s program seems to be very good but there location is not :( . Best of luck!

Papa_Smurf said:
If you have an interview by all means go to it. It seems that temple is in the unfortunate position of being a school that people go to if there choices are very limited (perhaps limited only to Temple). It seems then to fill there class with the best possible they need to interview and admit lots of students knowing that many will go elsewhere. It’s regrettable because Temple’s program seems to be very good but there location is not :( . Best of luck!

Hey, thanks partner! I really appreciate your post, although I think you were being nice about it. I REALLY don't mind honest opinions, even if they are FLAT OUT: Yeah, your chances are slim for December Interviews.

Thx

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they are that slim! I heard at my interview there that they accept about 100 more after the initial first wave of accepting 200. I would definitely go.

PickMe said:
I don't think they are that slim! I heard at my interview there that they accept about 100 more after the initial first wave of accepting 200. I would definitely go.

I don't think your chance is slim either. A lot of those initial 200 also get accepted to somewhere else. A lot of them won't choose Temple. You're granted an interview!! Go for it :luck:

Hey, thx you all! You've made a difference in ONE pre-dents day today.

I'll take my chances.

Catfish said:
I don't think your chance is slim either. A lot of those initial 200 also get accepted to somewhere else. A lot of them won't choose Temple. You're granted an interview!! Go for it :luck:

You had an interview at HARVARD! You must be so smart. I fear you - is this strange?

Don't mind me today - I'm a little bummed out :(

Catfish said:

Ditto! Unless you have an offer before your interview date, I would definitely go. You'll be interviewing early for the second round of acceptances (another 100 offers) which go out mid Jan. I think you still have a good shot. Also, it's great to experience the school first hand. This way you can form your own opinion of the school rather than just reading all the cr@p on SDN. Personally, I think Temple gets a bad rap on this forum. I was impressed with their program. You won't see a busier clinic! Believe me, that alone is worth the trip. :D

DentalNerd said:
Ditto! Unless you have an offer before your interview date, I would definitely go. You'll be interviewing early for the second round of acceptances (another 100 offers) which go out mid Jan. I think you still have a good shot. Also, it's great to experience the school first hand. This way you can form your own opinion of the school rather than just reading all the cr@p on SDN. Personally, I think Temple gets a bad rap on this forum. I was impressed with their program. You won't see a busier clinic! Believe me, that alone is worth the trip. :D

thx so much for your responses - i appreciate them more than you can know

iambatman said:
You had an interview at HARVARD! You must be so smart. I fear you - is this strange?

Don't mind me today - I'm a little bummed out :(

I'm not that smart at all. don't fear me :p Believe me I was the dumbest kid on my Harvard interview. I think they made a mistake to give me that interview. But it was a great trip and great experience though, got to see those real smart people :D

Don't be discouraged by going to interviews after today. Many chances out there. I got a few interviews in Jan. and Feb. too. As for Temple, keep in mind that they do group interviews. I really don't think the interviewer pay any attention to any interviewees or have a great influence on your admission. They're just going through the standard process. That's all. You'll be great :)

iambatman said:
It seems like Temple invite A LOT of students to interview (just check out the interview feedback, and interview list).

My question: Isn't the class filled up by now? Is it even worth the time and money to interview in December? In terms of the number of students that get interviewed, isn't the ACCEPTENCE number, VERY low?

If you've allready been there, and have information, I'd really appreciate it.

Definitely interview!! trust me!

I interviewed on Dec.17, the day before eveyrone was going on holidays, and I got accepted in mid-January.....like someone else said, Temple isnt on many people's #1 list, so many people decline acceptances.....