temple is full...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

askadds

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thats what i was told on the phone today.

Members don't see this ad.

i was told the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a letter saying they're full and that "no further action" will be taken with my application. :eek: :confused:

You guys will never get it. People can still pull out before May 1. That's over 2 months from now. They can potentially accept people up to the day before class starts.

No school is full *officially* until the first day of class.

As of today, Temple is full (that is what they said, so you must believe it is true). I do know that there were about 4-5 people the first day of class hoping that somebody didn't show up and they could convince Temple that they deserved the spot because they were there. So, Temple may be full today, but don't give up hope.

You guys will never get it. People can still pull out before May 1. That's over 2 months from now. They can potentially accept people up to the day before class starts.

No school is full *officially* until the first day of class.

1. why wouldn't we get that? it's not rocket science.
2. where did anyone say that no one else will be accepted to temple?

they may accept people from the waitlist or people who have interviews scheduled (which will probably be for the waitlist), but i was told today that they sent me a rejection letter because the class is full.

they may accept people from the waitlist or people who have interviews scheduled (which will probably be for the waitlist), but i was told today that they sent me a rejection letter because the class is full.

EXACTLY. I never said that I didn't get it. I'm just saying that it sucks that my app didn't even get a glance.

Just about everyone knows that people do hold multiple spots at once and spots will open up, but the way it looks, it seems that those spots will go to the waitlistees.

I was referring to waitlists, I assumed that either they were still putting people on it or the poster was on it.

And there are so many threads about how classes are full. Again, waitlisted people can get in so no, it's not full.

If I was on a waitlist and saw a post about that school being full, I'd panic. At least clarify that no more pre-dents will be put on the waitlist.

Why are you assuming that your application didn't get looked at?

Because if it did, he OBVIOUSLY would have been given an acceptance. Duh. ;)

EXACTLY. I never said that I didn't get it. I'm just saying that it sucks that my app didn't even get a glance.

Just about everyone knows that people do hold multiple spots at once and spots will open up, but the way it looks, it seems that those spots will go to the waitlistees.

What did you do to make sure Temple looked at your application? It is not Temple's job to seek out and look at your application. Did you apply to late? Are your stats not up to par? I don't mean to sound mean, but it is not Temple's responsibility to look at your application. They had 4,000 applications this year. Take this as a learning opportunity, and next year (if you apply again) learn from your mistakes. Good Luck.

What did you do to make sure Temple looked at your application? It is not Temple's job to seek out and look at your application. Did you apply to late? Are your stats not up to par? I don't mean to sound mean, but it is not Temple's responsibility to look at your application. They had 4,000 applications this year. Take this as a learning opportunity, and next year (if you apply again) learn from your mistakes. Good Luck.

What do you mean it's not their responsibility to look at my application? For them to even consider any students at all, they have to review their files first off. The only reason I assumed they didn't look at my application is that on the letter, it said "entering freshmen class has reached its maximum number of students and no further action will be taken on your application."

I didn't mean for you to overanalyze what I said. I was just stating that the class is "full" and that I highly doubt my application was looked at.

My stats are good 3.3gpa 20/20/21.

Members don't see this ad :)
It sucks to hear that they never looked at your application. But the thing is Temple turns down many great candidates. I talked to a resident dentist where I shadowed, and he was flat out rejected by Temple. He had awesome DAT scores and GPA, but he sent in his application late. That was his only mistake. But he went to Columbia, so don't get too upset if you didn't get into Temple. It's not the end of world.

"No further action" means just what it says, it doesn't mean you weren't considered.

Sorry.

What do you mean it's not their responsibility to look at my application? For them to even consider any students at all, they have to review their files first off. The only reason I assumed they didn't look at my application is that on the letter, it said "entering freshmen class has reached its maximum number of students and no further action will be taken on your application."

I didn't mean for you to overanalyze what I said. I was just stating that the class is "full" and that I highly doubt my application was looked at.

My stats are good 3.3gpa 20/20/21.

Temple has no responsibility to look at your application. They don't have to look at anybodies application if they don't want too. That is a fact. The fact that they didn't look at your application means that you did something wrong (when it comes to Temple).

I'm not sure it made any difference but I took a quick visit to Temple this past Summer. I talked to Brian for a little bit, and he gave me a quick tour of the clinic. He gave me an advice on how I could improve my application, and I took his advice. I'm glad I did because I got an interview with them and got my acceptance letter on December 1st. I would highly recommend all the applicants to visit the schools they really want to get into. It really helped me.

Temple has no responsibility to look at your application. They don't have to look at anybodies application if they don't want too. That is a fact. The fact that they didn't look at your application means that you did something wrong (when it comes to Temple).

The only thing that I did wrong was have my app submitted a little late (October). Other than that, I don't know of anything else that I did wrong. It's okay though. I'm not worried about Temple at all. I've already been accepted elsewhere. :cool: :)

Same with me, I submitted my app to temple around mid Sept but haven't heard anything from them since. I called and they say my status is "in review", and now they are full.....aish :eek:

I emailed brian about 2 weeks ago and he responded saying that they had recieved 105 deposits and were waiting on about 30 more. there are 125 spots so i'm sure there will be about 30-40 or more spots that will need filling before classes are done (IMO). I'm keeping my hopes up still. We'll see.

The only thing that I did wrong was have my app submitted a little late (October). Other than that, I don't know of anything else that I did wrong. It's okay though. I'm not worried about Temple at all. I've already been accepted elsewhere. :cool: :)

From what I've seen, some schools (like Temple and Case) give out almost all of their interview spots by the time your app arrived at AADSAS. Some schools weight punctuality much higher than others.

From what I've seen, some schools (like Temple and Case) give out almost all of their interview spots by the time your app arrived at AADSAS. Some schools weight punctuality much higher than others.

very true. My cousin applied 3 years ago, had some mix up with his app - didn't get it out till october, interviewed at a few schools and got in no where. the next year he had it in ASAP (June 1) and he was in to 5 schools by dec 1. Same applicant. That may be me next year unless i get lucky off a waitlist at this point.

yeah, i've noticed. my app was submitted to aadsas end of july, its just that my app wasn't complete til october-ish. i had to go through an interview process to get a committee letter for my LORs. that's what held back my app.

someone at my school got accepted to temple with a 17 dat cause she applied early....

good thing i didnt pay them my secondary application fee (cause they sent me a letter telilng me to hold off on that until they request it).

just got a call from them, offically full :(