Temple or Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diethylamide

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have a friend who got into both pharmacy schools, Buffalo willl be cheaper and is more highly ranked whatever that's worth. Is there any reason, other than Philadelphia being a better city than Buffalo, that she should consider Temple?

Members don't see this ad.

What makes philly better than buffalo? Weather? Not this year anyway. I would say definitely UB. It was my first choice, but I had no chance in hell of getting in since I lacked the necessary 5.0 GPA/102 Comp. PCAT required for transfers. Your friend won't regret it, the faculty is great, and they have excellent opportunities out of school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have a friend who got into both pharmacy schools, Buffalo willl be cheaper and is more highly ranked whatever that's worth. Is there any reason, other than Philadelphia being a better city than Buffalo, that she should consider Temple?

Philadelphia being a better city??????
Maybe if you're Rocky Balboa.
Have you ever even been to both or either city?

As someone who has visited both cities, I vote Philly is a much more lively city with many more things to do. It's actually not even that close. But UB is a great school!

cape%20buffalo.jpg

I am also considering both schools now. :confused: Temple is much closer to me. I am married, so the distance is important to me. However, the tuition(If I can establish the resident status after 1year) of Buffalo is much cheaper. Also, the reputation of Buffalo seems better.
Please give your thoughts!!:xf:

Philadelphia being a better city??????
Maybe if you're Rocky Balboa.
Have you ever even been to both or either city?

Never been to Buffalo, Philly is top notch, close to other places of interest (shore, NYC), and closer to family for her.