Temple or Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davidthegnome

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear from Temple or Drexel recently?

Members don't see this ad.

davidthegnome said:
Anyone hear from Temple or Drexel recently?

I just got an acceptance today, from Temple, I think they just sent out the first round on the 15th. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've just gotten the "your file is complete" postcard. hmph.

DrYo12 said:
I've just gotten the "your file is complete" postcard. hmph.

Did anyone get a letter from temple that says anything besides an acceptance, (waitlist, rejection)??

They said they sent the letters on the 15th and it's been 3 business days and I still haven't gotten anything and I live in the city!

I'm getting really paranoid now and I just want to know one way or another.

I got waitlisted at Temple (received it in the mail yesterday).

yancantcook said:
Did anyone get a letter from temple that says anything besides an acceptance, (waitlist, rejection)??

They said they sent the letters on the 15th and it's been 3 business days and I still haven't gotten anything and I live in the city!

I'm getting really paranoid now and I just want to know one way or another.

I'm in the same boat as you, i think i received nothing yet because i interviewed the last week of spetember, atleast thats what i hope is the reason. if they sent out waitlists i dont see why some rejections might have been sent out too, thats only speculation though.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Got my MOTHER****** acceptance today :horns:

And UCLA, with your stats, seriously, I wouldn't worry about getting multiple acceptances. :luck:

To those of you accepted to Temple, when did you interview? I also interviewed in late September and have heard nothing.

Thanks.

iamgoaloriented said:
To those of you accepted to Temple, when did you interview? I also interviewed in late September and have heard nothing.

Thanks.

Took care of mine on September 21st along with UCLAstudent.

Way to go, Jeffy! That is AWESOME! :) I am so happy for you!

I didn't get ANY questions at my Temple interview, so I think any assessment made about me had to be based on my application. Temple knew I was interviewing at Jefferson and Tulane the next two days. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? Anyway, I am totally fine with being waitlisted since I already have an acceptance somewhere else. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLAstudent said:
Way to go, Jeffy! That is AWESOME! :) I am so happy for you!

I didn't get ANY questions at my Temple interview, so I think any assessment made about me had to be based on my application. Temple knew I was interviewing at Jefferson and Tulane the next two days. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? Anyway, I am totally fine with being waitlisted since I already have an acceptance somewhere else. :)

Thanks a lot she-bruin! I didn't know you got accepted somewhere already! Do tell!

Jeffy said:
Thanks a lot she-bruin! I didn't know you got accepted somewhere already! Do tell!

:eek: You didn't know? I thought your above comment meant something to the effect of, "don't worry about getting multiple acceptances, you already got in somewhere!" Lol. :laugh:

Well, then: I got into Ohio State on Friday. :D

Jeffy said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Got my MOTHER****** acceptance today :horns:

And UCLA, with your stats, seriously, I wouldn't worry about getting multiple acceptances. :luck:
You GO!

I have this *gut* feeling that temple will waitlist me, but it's all good :cool: Good luck to all the others waiting to here back.

interviewed at temple and drexel last week of sept...haven't heard anything from either school =/

i interviewed on 9/15 so i "should" have heard back already...

what's going on??

i'm calling them up tomorrow and asking to see if i got in or not.

it i get in, i won't goto tulane next week but i need to know asap b/c the plane ticket prices are going up and up!

Those who recieved acceptances from temple, was it a 'letter' or a thick envelope?

NYCDesi said:
Those who recieved acceptances from temple, was it a 'letter' or a thick envelope?

midgie-ass letter.

NYCDesi said:

yeah, the acceptance was a dinky little envelope. it made me worried for a second! i interviewed in late september, so perhaps those that interviewed around the same time, and are still waiting to hear, should call? good luck to all yalls waiting on news!

I too interviewed in september at Temple. Since I didn't receive anything in the mail, I got anxious and called my interviewer. He was nice enough to check my status for me.

I am in :).........My first acceptance. Hopefully, others will start rolling in.

KNightInBlue said:
I too interviewed in september at Temple. Since I didn't receive anything in the mail, I got anxious and called my interviewer. He was nice enough to check my status for me.

I am in :).........My first acceptance. Hopefully, others will start rolling in.

congrats! must be a relief!

Anyone know when Drexel starts sending acceptances?

Got an acceptance from them in the mail today. I interviewed late September and am from Western PA. Sometimes I wonder if people from farther away actually get mail sooner (from interviewing I've noticed that flights further away are often cheaper). Came with deposit form to.

Good luck to everyone else.

iamgoaloriented said:
Got an acceptance from them in the mail today. I interviewed late September and am from Western PA. Sometimes I wonder if people from farther away actually get mail sooner (from interviewing I've noticed that flights further away are often cheaper). Came with deposit form to.

Good luck to everyone else.

Congrats!! Do what I did and make your mom take a shot of Chivas Regal with you. :thumbup:

To those who called the office at Temple, I tried doing this on Friday and they told me that they couldn't gimme my acceptance/waitlist/rejection status over the phone. Nice touch calling your interviewer instead. :thumbup:

Anyone who's from PA or been to Temple and Drexel--how far are the schools from each other? I've been invited to Drexel and think I should try and get Temple at the same time but if they're not really near each other, maybe its not worth it?

Thoughts?

Hey DrYo12,

I did the IMS program at Drexel. The schools are about an hour apart by public transportation. So, if you can, schedule the 2 around the same time.

Good luck and in the words of the Rza from the Wu Tang Clan, "protect yo neck!" when you're in Philly. Especially at Temple in North Philly. :scared:

mr. peepers

Is it dangerous? I don't really know much about where the schools are, except that they are both in Philadelphia.

Did you like Drexel? Any experiences in Philly or at either school that would be useful to know about?

DrYo12 said:
Is it dangerous? I don't really know much about where the schools are, except that they are both in Philadelphia.

Did you like Drexel? Any experiences in Philly or at either school that would be useful to know about?

Actually, the Drexel campus is tucked away in a nice residential area. I would say the IFM program is pretty awesome. The curriculum is integrated and taught in modules. For instance, during the chest pain module, you'll learn the biochemistry, microanatomy, immunology and etc. about a particular organ system. I thought this was cool because it reinforced certain concepts but through different subjects of study. That is, you would learn about the cardiovascular system in bio, micro and physio all at the same time. A major plus is that all the live lectures are made available on line!! So you can sit at home and watch lectures that were recorded earlier that day. This is probably one of their best features. Look into it.

I have a friend who's attending Temple this year. After doing the IMS program at Drexel, he told me that he was impressed with Temple's clinical years and chose to go there. Unlilke, Drexel, Temple has a traditional curriculum.

Look into their residency matches.

Hope that helps,

peeps

i called and got the temple guys to fax me my disposition...only to get a letter saying they're still evaluating my app and will let me know early next week... what is up with that??

i interviewed 9/15 and ppl that interviewed 2 weeks later already heard...

yancantcook said:
i called and got the temple guys to fax me my disposition...only to get a letter saying they're still evaluating my app and will let me know early next week... what is up with that??

i interviewed 9/15 and ppl that interviewed 2 weeks later already heard...

when I interviewed at temple, my interviewer told me that whoever interviews you has to be present at the adcom meeting when they're deciding on you. so that means that if your interviewer went away for a week or two, then they'll make your decision when he/she gets back and is present. so don't worry!

DrYo12 said:
Anyone who's from PA or been to Temple and Drexel--how far are the schools from each other? I've been invited to Drexel and think I should try and get Temple at the same time but if they're not really near each other, maybe its not worth it?

Thoughts?

They are VERY close together, within like 2 miles. I stayed in Downtown Phily and I went past Drexel on the way to Temple.

Interviewing at Temple was a great experience. They are changing their curriculum for next year (switching to organ based), seem to be making a lot of other improvements, and I don't think it was anywhere near as "ghetto" as people say it is. There is also a lot to do in Phily and it is pretty easy to get around. If you have any other specific questions just let me know.

goaloriented,

just to clear things up.
the drexel campus you passed by was not the actual medical school. you passed by the hanahmen hospital while driving to temple. they're on the same street. while the building might say drexel college of medicine, it holds mostly nursing and post bac classes. take it from me, i lived in the area for a year.

peeps

peepers said:
goaloriented,

just to clear things up.
the drexel campus you passed by was not the actual medical school. you passed by the hanahmen hospital while driving to temple. they're on the same street. while the building might say drexel college of medicine, it holds mostly nursing and post bac classes. take it from me, i lived in the area for a year.

peeps

Oops, my mistake. Thanks for the correction.

They are still close though, arent they? I remember using yahoo directions earlier in the procces to see how far apart they were and it said they were pretty close, unless I typed in the wrong address.

In case anyone will make a similar mistake in the future, note that Temple's med school and undergrad campus are a mile or so apart. I know people who said they almost missed their interviews for such mistakes.

i got my acceptance letter from temple yesterday (fri), and the letter was dated oct 15th... yeah, my school's mailing system is all jacked up... i was not nearly as excited as i thought i'd be (not too enthused about the feel of the school and the fact that i, as a pa resident, still have to pay well over 50g's a yr).. i was turning down my friends' offers to buy me drinks, though this was mainly cuz i drank alot the night before... anyhow, still waiting on drexel.. good luck to the rest of u..

DrYo12, I just saw your post, and was inspired to sign up and set the record straight. You should absolutely see if you can schedule a Temple interview while in Philly. I did the IMS program two years ago, and I am now a second year at Drexel. You had a couple people trying their best to be friendly, but I need to add on to what Mr. Peepers said. Peeps is right on about how much time it would take with public transportation to go from campus to campus. But, I highly doubt you'll be going directly from the Queen Lane campus to Temple's Med School campus.

If I were you, I would get a place in Center City around 15th street and Market (which is right by City Hall/Love Park - where Clinton and Kerry spoke today). On some other threads people mentioned the Holiday Inn Express on 13th and Walnut. That's probably one of your best bets. From there you can have easy access to the Septa (the public transportation system in philly) Regional Rail R8 Chestnut Hill West train, or use the free shuttle that Drexel runs b/t the Center City and Queen Lane campuses. You can read more about them at http://webcampus.med.drexel.edu/admissions/interview.asp#travel
The shuttle takes about 25 minutes since it takes side streets to avoid traffic. I've never taken the R8 train, but I suspect its about 15 minutes or less. You can check out the time table at www.septa.com

To get to Temple from that area, I would simply take a cab. It will probably be around $7 each way, but it really depends on how friendly the traffic lights are. I think the cab ride would be less than 10 minutes. You're basically going due north on Broad street (which is like 14th street, since its b/t 15th and 13th), for a little while. I haven't taken that trip in a few years, so I can't be more precise.

Hope this wasn't too long and that you find this helpful. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

I got kicked out of Temple today. Anyone want a spot in the second year?

I sent in my secondary to Drexel end of August, and I never heard anything back from them. I even emailed the Office of Admissions, but they never responded. Did you guys receive anything in the mail, or should I call them and see what's going on? Also, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth chasing them down since I'm in at Temple...but I guess I would have to make that decision for myself.

temple's acceptances letter are mailed out very "sporadically"

i never got an acceptance letter
but i got an email reminding for me to sent in my deposit

i called temple to check and they said i was accepted but the letter was sent out 12 days ago!