TEMPLE OR VCU PHARMACY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just got accepted to both of these schools this week and I have 2 weeks to make a decision!! I also applied to a bunch of other schools and waiting to hear back from some. Both schools have pros and cons but i really need an opinion from someone who has experience living in these locations, and wondering how happy the students are there?? I live in the south and it'll be a big investment moving up north anywhere (totally worth it if i could live in a big city!). Temple is in Philly so thats exciting, but VCU is less than 2 hours away from DMV metropolitan area. I would also like job opportunities outside of retail after I graduate. Please help !! :))

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptance! I honestly heard great things about both, and I am going to apply to both as well! I think choose the one that has a higher rate of getting pharmacy residencies or opportunities other than retail. The schools should be able to provide that information for you.
If you dont mind sharing, what was your gpa, pcat, and extracurriculars?

Thank you! I ended up accepting an entirely different school offer however, UF :) My GPA is 3.5, I have about 1.5 years of pharm tech experience, i was in a pharmacy club at my school, did some random volunteer work like at a free clinic. My pcat was the lowest point of my application and I got a score in the 40's. I knew I wasn't going to get better just by how that test is designed and set up so I never took it again. I thought my pcat was going to hold me back from most places however that certainly wasn't the case. Good luck on applying and getting into a school of your choice !