Temple Prereqs

Started by Eb123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eb123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have read on Temple's website (and this forum) that prereqs must be complete before applying, or they will place your application on hold. I emailed to confirm, and am waiting to hear if there is an option to petition. I will be taking physics lab this fall and spring.

My question: has anyone applied to Temple without having completed the prereqs? Do people know if this is a hard and fast rule? One person on here said that the policy wasn't strictly enforced, but that anecdote was from 2010. Thanks!
 
I have read on Temple's website (and this forum) that prereqs must be complete before applying, or they will place your application on hold. I emailed to confirm, and am waiting to hear if there is an option to petition. I will be taking physics lab this fall and spring.

My question: has anyone applied to Temple without having completed the prereqs? Do people know if this is a hard and fast rule? One person on here said that the policy wasn't strictly enforced, but that anecdote was from 2010. Thanks!
Have you tried contacting the school?
 
Have you tried contacting the school?

I emailed regarding their policy and they replied "applications will not be reviewed until all prerequisite courses have been completed." I replied inquiring about a petition because I have substantial employment experience in a physics based lab.

In the interim, I am just curious if they stick to this policy during the application cycle. I have read some old posts on this forum that seem to indicate people were either waitlisted or accepted without having completed prereqs. Perhaps these people are a select few who fell through the cracks, or were truly exceptional applicants and the requirements were waived? Trying to get some more up to date insight!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is likely the case, seems strange considering traditional applicants apply during their senior year wherein they may still be completing required coursework!
Most applicants finish prereqs in the first two years
 
Most applicants finish prereqs in the first two years

Noted. May be exceptions such as Biochem, and non science majors may also have to spread out coursework over four years. I suppose arguing the merits of this policy is pretty fruitless--was hoping someone who applied last cycle to Temple might have more insight. Thanks for your feedback!