Temple Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UtahDad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!! I'm just wondering if anyone else got a rejection letter from Temple over the weekend? Kind of a bummer, but it is nice to hear something from someone.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Utahdad and Itd, what were your stats? I'm trying to see the pattern with students who get interview and rejection letters. thanx, and sorry about temple.

GPA 3.7 sGPA 3.3
DAT 20/19/21
Rejected: Temple, Case
Interviews: Indiana

GPA 3.7 sGPA 3.3
DAT 20/19/21
Rejected: Temple, Case
Interviews: Indiana
how the 'f' did you get rejected?!?! what is this world comming to.. lol

That is what I said...it must be some kind of mistake!! Just kidding...can you imagine being on an admissions committee this cycle?? There are around 1500 identical "on paper" students that you have to go through and choose an elite group from.

My stats are 18AA/17TS/17PAT, sci 3.6, cum 3.8 (very similar to some of those posters who did recieve an interview). I am at a loss as to what they are looking for in a prospective student, oh well.

a 3.7 and a 20 is too good to be rejected

i have gotten rejected from case as well as temple....what is going on?
i have 20/21/19.
3.3/3.3

so much for dental school. :(

we need an adcom on the board to tell us whats going on w/ these rejections..

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected from Temple too!!! I really don't know what is going on :(

I got rejected from Temple too!!! I really don't know what is going on :(

Sorry to hear, do you mind posting your stats?

I'm really sorry about your rejections. But with those stats you should all get at least one interview somewhere... unless your personal statement consisted of a single sentence, "I don't want to go to dental school".

also, I think EC play a large role in the interview process

That is what I said...it must be some kind of mistake!! Just kidding...can you imagine being on an admissions committee this cycle?? There are around 1500 identical "on paper" students that you have to go through and choose an elite group from.

Sorry to hear that, best of luck though. With your stats you should do well elsewhere.

where did you go that your gpa is so high, but your dats are low/standard?

By scoring lower on your dats than on your GPA is makes the value of your A in chem/Bio/Orgo worthless, and so schools simply assume to apply that to many of your classes as they want.

temple rejection in the mail today.

kinda sucks. they too didn't wait for me to retake the DAT even though I put on my AADSAS application that I was retaking it. The rejection letter is dated a day before I took the test again.. bummer.

temple rejection in the mail today.

kinda sucks. they too didn't wait for me to retake the DAT even though I put on my AADSAS application that I was retaking it. The rejection letter is dated a day before I took the test again.. bummer.
... I hope that your 24 was your "retake" and not what you're trying to improve on...

oh yeah, that was my retake! haha, i'm not that crazy :laugh:

Here is my Dat Scores
Bio 23 98%
Gchem 22 92
Ochem 25 98%
RC 14 :mad:
QR 19 82%
pat 20 88%
AA 21 92%

do you think i have any chance or i have to retake it agian.

All of u have awesome scores on DATs and great GPAs. I am shocked to see they are rejecting you from now. I'd give them a call. The person there to speak to is Brian. He can be pretty straightforward though. If your volunteering isnt too bright, he may tell you that just like it is. That is very wierd that they are rejecting ppl with high scores and sooo early in the cycle. I applied last year in oct. and got an interview in Jan. at temple with 3.65 for sc and total gpa. My dats where 18AA /19PAT.

good luck to all

I called them yesterday about why my application was rejected. The lady I spoke with told me they recieved (or expect to recieve) 4000 applications with the average DAT score being 20. Explains why maybe I didnt get an interview, but not why others didnt. Didnt really offer any other info.

I called them yesterday about why my application was rejected. The lady I spoke with told me they recieved (or expect to recieve) 4000 applications with the average DAT score being 20. Explains why maybe I didnt get an interview, but not why others didnt. Didnt really offer any other info.

I got an interview there, and i'm pretty sure they only seen my first DAT scores before they gave me an interview invite, my DAT was 17/18/18

i got the same letter today too =( 1 down 10 more to go!

Got one too :laugh: :( Interview at Penn yet rejected by Temple, go figure. I'm fortunate to have interviews from some pretty darn good schools though.

I got it in dolby stereo surround sound...they sent me 2 letters of the same message. lol ok...i got the point already. geez

got one today, what little comfort i get is that people like prez al with a penn interview were rejected. Seems like they have too many to choose from and just picking qualified applicants to reject at random, too much cheese for the mouse kinda situation.....

sucks for us....

3 down 18 to go....

i have gotten rejected from case as well as temple....what is going on?
i have 20/21/19.
3.3/3.3

so much for dental school. :(

i know...what is this process coming to? 4.0 gpa, 23 aa and got reject by arizona

I got my denial of admissions letter in the mail today.

It sure as heck looked very bland compared to other dental school's rejection letters I have received (Case is the other d-school that rejected me so far).

My GPA is pretty good and my DAT score is 21/20/19. Don't know why Temple would turn me down, as well as other highly qualified applicants here at SDN. =(

Do you think they look at our personal statements to decide then? It seems to me like none of us really remember about that anymore...just GPA and DAT (if only it were that simple!) Like the lady said, they received 4000 applications so maybe they've switched focus to something less statistical. So did you guys have a killer statement that just blows the reader away?? :confused:

sorry to hear that Temple's rejection for most of you qualified applicants. I haven't heard anything from Temple yet. I sent the supplemental fee about 5 weeks ago, how long did it took for them to contact you, either rejection or invite?
right now I don't know what to expect, because I have the same ( if not lower) stat than most you guys rejected. And there were some that got an invite with a lower stat, so I am confused. what do you guys think?

Temple rejection Letter. Hey, at least I'm in good company! :)

aa/ts/pa
20/21/18 but
bpc/sci/cum
3.74/3.53/3.43

Don't feel bad hsama. Temple was just not the place for you. University of Iowa, now there is a place to go to school. Keep your chin up, the right place will let you know in December. I'd bet you will have multiple acceptances. :)