Temple School Of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDream

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to Temple for an interview? I got an invite today...

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone going to Temple for an interview? I got an invite today...

i am! i just got mine today too! what date are you planning on going? i still need to schedule mine..

i am! i just got mine today too! what date are you planning on going? i still need to schedule mine..

I am going on Dec 13th at 11:00...
Do you think we are the first set of interviews at Temple this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going on Dec 13th at 11:00...
Do you think we are the first set of interviews at Temple this year?

I'm going Dec. 13 at 11 too!! Yes, I think we are the first set.. so hopefully we have a higher chance?? Also, are you staying at a hotel around there and if so, where? I'm from California, so I don't know anything about the area.. airport?

I'm going Dec. 13 at 11 too!! Yes, I think we are the first set.. so hopefully we have a higher chance?? Also, are you staying at a hotel around there and if so, where? I'm from California, so I don't know anything about the area.. airport?

Well I am driving there from Buffalo, it's like a 6 hour drive to Philly. I don't know where I am staying at yet. Let me know where you are palnning to stay. I tried looking at Red Roof but its like a 30 minute drive to the school. I think I am just gonna go there and find one near the school.

Well I am driving there from Buffalo, it's like a 6 hour drive to Philly. I don't know where I am staying at yet. Let me know where you are palnning to stay. I tried looking at Red Roof but its like a 30 minute drive to the school. I think I am just gonna go there and find one near the school.

aww i heard theres a hotel right by the airport, which is like 10 minutes away from the school.. but im not sure what the name is.. but i think i'm gonna end up staying at a friend's apt because she goes to drexel and its 5 minutes away.. how many people do u think interview at the same time?

aww i heard theres a hotel right by the airport, which is like 10 minutes away from the school.. but im not sure what the name is.. but i think i'm gonna end up staying at a friend's apt because she goes to drexel and its 5 minutes away.. how many people do u think interview at the same time?

I dunno I think its like 4 or so.

I was invited for the interview, too.
Anyone going on the day of Dec. the 4th?

Are you ready for the interview???

Are you ready for the interview???

nope! so nervous! i just had my last final so i haven't really had time to prepare.. but i shall prepare on the plane ride i guess! are you ready?

nope! so nervous! i just had my last final so i haven't really had time to prepare.. but i shall prepare on the plane ride i guess! are you ready?

No... I'll just wing it... :)

Did anyone get accepted/rejected yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys transferring into the program? im a senior in highschool, and was thinking of applying there, if i dont get in ill prob transfer.

did they notify you about the interview via mail? or by phone?

Pharm Dream and everyone,
How did the interview go???

I re-schedule mine until Feb...but they said I have to call and check cuz they don't know the schedule yet...I'm so worry...

the interview was okay except there are 5 students so you only get like a couple minutes to talk.. so i don't think we got to say everything (or anything in my case) that we wanted to

Pharm Dream and everyone,
How did the interview go???

I re-schedule mine until Feb...but they said I have to call and check cuz they don't know the schedule yet...I'm so worry...

I think it was good... My advice... be prepared to answer really random questions....

the interview was okay except there are 5 students so you only get like a couple minutes to talk.. so i don't think we got to say everything (or anything in my case) that we wanted to

Can you share the interview questions that you were asked? Thanks for helping.

I am sick of waiting... I want to know if I was accepted... Did anyone hear anything this new year form them?

How can they judge group interviews? I hate that. I once had a group interview for a quantitative finance division of a major bank, and out of my group was one person who had 30 years of experience in the industry, and he geared the conversation to specific terms that recent college graduate would not know including myself. So he completely dominated over the other 4 people who were just recent graduates.

And hence, depending upon the group that you are in, that can go well or not go well and it may not be your fault.

Is that the only type of interview that Temple does?

Is the school located in the "infamous" area around the medical school on North Broad Street which starts North Philadelphia?

I got accepted!!! I received a letter in the mail today!!!

PharmDream, congratulations!!!:)))... its a wonderful school.... would you mind sharing your stats, please!!!

GPA 3.4
PCAT 64
3 great letters of recommendation
3.5 years of Pharmacy Experience
Associates in Pre-Pharmacy
BS in Biomedical Science

GPA 3.4
PCAT 64
3 great letters of recommendation
3.5 years of Pharmacy Experience
Associates in Pre-Pharmacy
BS in Biomedical Science

wow congratulations!!!!!!
what do u think was a major factor in getting u in to temple?? my stats are the same as urs but i didnt even apply to temple ( even though i really wanna go there..its my first choice) cause my pcat is a 63% :( my gpa pharmcas is 3.52

Quel dommage!!! (What a pity!) With your stat, you should have applied and who knows, you might would have had a chance.

wow congratulations!!!!!!
what do u think was a major factor in getting u in to temple?? my stats are the same as urs but i didnt even apply to temple ( even though i really wanna go there..its my first choice) cause my pcat is a 63% :( my gpa pharmcas is 3.52

Major factor: Applying in August!!!

ok i am gona go kill myself now!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

ok i am gona go kill myself now!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

NOOOO! Why? There is always next year.. oh and it's not too late to apply this year...

I got rejected by Temple last year... I have to confess I cried... but I told myself there is always next year... Just work hard, take some challenging classes and you will be fine!!!

How can they judge group interviews? I hate that. I once had a group interview for a quantitative finance division of a major bank, and out of my group was one person who had 30 years of experience in the industry, and he geared the conversation to specific terms that recent college graduate would not know including myself. So he completely dominated over the other 4 people who were just recent graduates.

And hence, depending upon the group that you are in, that can go well or not go well and it may not be your fault.

Is that the only type of interview that Temple does?

Is the school located in the "infamous" area around the medical school on North Broad Street which starts North Philadelphia?

Don't worry they ask personalized questions... so you get your own chance to answer to your own personal question...

im so stupid i make all the wrong choices..........stupid me!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOO! Why? There is always next year.. oh and it's not too late to apply this year...

I got rejected by Temple last year... I have to confess I cried... but I told myself there is always next year... Just work hard, take some challenging classes and you will be fine!!!
ok ill add temple to my list right now.....y couldnt i find u before like in august and i cud have asked u and we both would have applied at the same time be in now.....together...oh well i did apply to other schools( the ones i dont really wanna go to) but if i get in jefferson ill b happy ....

ok ill add temple to my list right now.....y couldnt i find u before like in august and i cud have asked u and we both would have applied at the same time be in now.....together...oh well i did apply to other schools( the ones i dont really wanna go to) but if i get in jefferson ill b happy ....

Don't apply to Jefferson, they want at least 70 on your PCAT... would be a waste of money... I wanted to apply there too but my PCAT was too low...

Don't apply to Jefferson, they want at least 70 on your PCAT... would be a waste of money... I wanted to apply there too but my PCAT was too low...

i already applied there...and i am gona add temple to my list right now...maybe ill get lucky ;) cause im a good person and i love God...maybe he will help me this time tooo Like always :rolleyes:

i already applied there...and i am gona add temple to my list right now...maybe ill get lucky ;) cause im a good person and i love God...maybe he will help me this time tooo Like always :rolleyes:

r u a girl or a guy?

does that make a difference? cant u tell i am always crying...like a girl...lol
i am a pretty girl...;)

Yea... anyways if you get in let me know maybe we can be roomates...

hey pharmDream
When did you do your interview?
I did interview on Dec 4th. and I haven't heard anything from them
I called them about 2 weeks ago, and they said adcoms will gather all info and start making decisions in a week.
Congrats by the way :)
I am still waiting for them to hear.
I hope I could get mine tomorrow or by early next week
:hardy:

Hey Pharmdream, congratulations,

I wonder if you can share with me how was the whole day of interview...I'm the one who had interview with your tier, but I moved my interview back, and until now, they don't have the schedule yet...I have to wait...maybe until Feb.

I'm so curious...and trembling too, cuz I like Temple...

hey pharmDream
When did you do your interview?
I did interview on Dec 4th. and I haven't heard anything from them
I called them about 2 weeks ago, and they said adcoms will gather all info and start making decisions in a week.
Congrats by the way :)
I am still waiting for them to hear.
I hope I could get mine tomorrow or by early next week
:hardy:

My interview was Dec 11th. Good luck!

Hey Pharmdream, congratulations,

I wonder if you can share with me how was the whole day of interview...I'm the one who had interview with your tier, but I moved my interview back, and until now, they don't have the schedule yet...I have to wait...maybe until Feb.

I'm so curious...and trembling too, cuz I like Temple...

Basically my interview was at 11, but I can at 9 and just sat in the admissions office. It was quite nice because I got to meet the other candidates. Then at 11 a guy who interviewed us came and took us (about 6 people) uptairs. There in the classroom we sat down in the classroom. He first talked about himself and the school of pharmacy. While he was explaining about the school we were supposed to think of a few answers to questions he posed (i.e. Where u r from?, what's your favorite class, What's your favorite book/movie?, Do you have any pharmacy experience, and ect.). Then when he finished he made everyone one by one answer all the questions. I know I did not answer all the questions because I forgot all of them, but I guess I did ok anyways. Then after everyone had a chance to answer he took something specific to that person and asked us a question on that. For istance a girl before me told him that hew favorite class was Organic Chemistry, and the guy asked her What is Organic Chemistry. Then after answering a couple questions he talked some more and asked if we had any questions. Afterwards we had a tour, which was very lame... walked around one floor for an hour, so basically it should not be called a tour... Then after the tour the admissions lady went over all the pre-requisites with each one of us, and then we were free to go...

Anyways I hope this helps... Good Luck!

I interviewed on Dec. 11 as well, that must have been the first round of interviews. It was a pleasant interview however, some of the questions were a little random but they really helped break the ice and tension in my group. I got my acceptance letter in the mail about a week ago!!! I'm really excited!! :D:D I love the area and Philly in general.

Hey guys.. I unexpectedly got an interview invitation today by e-mail...
I originally crossed this school off my list since I withdrew from my Cal-based physics class.. However, I took Gen PHYS I & II. I called them and the lady who picked up the phone insisted that I met the physics requirement and I met all the requirement for pre-req courses. According to their requirement, physics must be calculus-based?

I just don't want to go for an interview... and then get the letter saying..ah..ha!!.. you are missing a prerequisite...

Any thought on this? Did you guys take Calculus-based physics?

I got an interview offer today from Temple too, but I'm not sure if I can make it. (I am currently out of US :confused:) Does anyone know if they let us have phone interviews?

I got an interview offer today from Temple too, but I'm not sure if I can make it. (I am currently out of US :confused:) Does anyone know if they let us have phone interviews?

Do you know the list of dates? The lady on the phone told me that the dates is on the actual letter, which was mailed out two days ago. I haven't received it yet.

I originally crossed this school off my list since I withdrew from my Cal-based physics class.. However, I took Gen PHYS I & II. I called them and the lady who picked up the phone insisted that I met the physics requirement and I met all the requirement for pre-req courses. According to their requirement, physics must be calculus-based?

I just don't want to go for an interview... and then get the letter saying..ah..ha!!.. you are missing a prerequisite...

I got accepted and I don't need to retake Physics, I only need one more class, and I took College Physics not Physics based... My boyfiend got in with college physics last year as well, so u're fine...

If you took Gen Phys I &II before FAll 2006, it 's ok. But after FAll 2006, it has to be calculus based Phys.