Temple students... HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrodr043

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Was Looking For A One Bedroom Apt In Summit Park Communities, I However Spoke To The Lady There Today And She Informed Me That Most Of The Tenents That Were Scheduled To Move Out... Did Not Do So!!!! So There Is No Vacancy Until September. Right Now Im Looking Into Apartments At Academia Suites And Lancaster... Does Anyone Here Know Anything About This Area????? Please Let Me Know What You Think. Those Apts Are Closer To The School, But Is It A Bad Neighborhood??? :(

Members don't see this ad.

mrodr043 said:
I Was Looking For A One Bedroom Apt In Summit Park Communities, I However Spoke To The Lady There Today And She Informed Me That Most Of The Tenents That Were Scheduled To Move Out... Did Not Do So!!!! So There Is No Vacancy Until September. Right Now Im Looking Into Apartments At Academia Suites And Lancaster... Does Anyone Here Know Anything About This Area????? Please Let Me Know What You Think. Those Apts Are Closer To The School, But Is It A Bad Neighborhood??? :(

I looked at your signature. I'm applying to all the schools you did. Any advice? I think Marquette and BU are my top choices of that list. Any advice? I submitted AADSAS July 10 and my transcripts will be verified Friday (I hope). I am competitive and have a solid application. Where do you think I'll stand with those schools? Interviews in Oct, Nov?

Oh yea, good luck with housing at Temple.

The Wop said:
I looked at your signature. I'm applying to all the schools you did. Any advice? I think Marquette and BU are my top choices of that list. Any advice? I submitted AADSAS July 10 and my transcripts will be verified Friday (I hope). I am competitive and have a solid application. Where do you think I'll stand with those schools? Interviews in Oct, Nov?

Oh yea, good luck with housing at Temple.

Well if the schools consider you a competitive applicant, then you should fair well. Competitive for last year was 18+ on the DAT and 3.4+ GPA, but from what I heard those numbers were to go up a bit, since the number of qualified applicants was on the rise. (I think I had heard that applications had TRIPLED from the previous years.)

Good Luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
mrodr043 said:
Well if the schools consider you a competitive applicant, then you should fair well. Competitive for last year was 18+ on the DAT and 3.4+ GPA, but from what I heard those numbers were to go up a bit, since the number of qualified applicants was on the rise. (I think I had heard that applications had TRIPLED from the previous years.)

Good Luck :luck:

Thanks for the info. My stats definitely align with the average stats for enrolled students at those schools. My DAT is a little above, science GPA slightly lower (only by a hair). I have plenty of extracurrics and experiences to boot. We'll see what pans out.

The only good areas in Philly to live are Roxborough/parts of Manayunk, the greater Northeast, center city (expensive) and anywhere outside of philly. Anywhere close to the school is BAD. I just graduated from there so I speak from experience. If you have trouble finding a place, let me know. I have a 3 bed, 1 bath townhouse (rowhouse) for sale in the greater northeast. It is approx. 1500 square feet, small fenced back yard, off street parking, washer/dryer, dishwasher and all other appliances and most of it has been remodeled (new carpet, paint, bathroom, moulding and other stuff). It is being put up for sale next week, but I would consider renting to the right person.

Email me if interested or if you need more advice about Temple