Temple students, laptops and the ethernet.

Started by ussdfiant
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ussdfiant

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any Temple students out there there that know what kind of network cable is needed to connect a laptop to the ethernet connections in Kreske B or C?
 
Originally posted by ussdfiant
Are there any Temple students out there there that know what kind of network cable is needed to connect a laptop to the ethernet connections in Kreske B or C?

Well while i havent seen the connections, given that they are ethernet I would assume that the cables are Cat-5 with an RJ45 connector. This is your "standard" ethernet cable. the only other cable Ive ever seen being used for true ethernet is coaxial.. and that is what i beleive they call "OLD SKOOL" hahaha.

Uss.. when do you need one of these? Im pretty sure I have a few extra lying around my apt. 😉
 
Sup phlly,

I'll need it when you will, in about 2-3 weeks. The only reason I was asking is that I just bought a laptop (Gateway 1450SE) and was planning ahead. I can certainly wait until we meet (2 weeks from today!) if you have an extra one! I'm starting to get nervous about school and I don't really know why so I am distracting myself with getting school supplies!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah Ill check tonight but Im almost positive I do..

howd the summer program go? Im really starting to get nervous 😉
 
Of gross, histo, biochem and physio, I only thought that gross was useful. Everything else was simply an overview, but gross actually covered what we will be covered in the first month of class. It was also good to get a feel for the Health Sciences campus.
 
Hey!

What do you guys think of Temple so far? Can you shed some light on the school so I can better write the infamous "Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in the Tulane University School of Medicine" secondary question. Anything would help. Thank you so much!

Good luck with your first year at medical school!!! 🙂

Sincerely,

UCLA Paratrooper
 
Originally posted by UCLA Paratrooper
Hey!

What do you guys think of Temple so far? Can you shed some light on the school so I can better write the infamous "Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in the Tulane University School of Medicine" secondary question. Anything would help. Thank you so much!

Good luck with your first year at medical school!!! 🙂

Sincerely,

UCLA Paratrooper

You might not want to include your reasons for wanting to go to Tulane in your Temple essay! I couldn't resist, sorry. Seriously though, phllystyl and I are incoming MS1s and don't start for another 6 days!