Temple, Temple, Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aenyse

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an interview at Temple on tuesday, and I have seen this recuring question, how many prescription drugs do we have on the market? please help me with this. Also, how competitive is it to get into temple? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's around 13,000.

I interviewed there last Monday and didn't get asked the question, though, so I don't think its as common a question as it seems.

so what kind of questions did they ask you? Was it a relaxed interview? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Read the interview feedback. Theres a new post.

Now I have been to Temple and let me tell you Philly is a real dirty city. I would say it is even dirtier than D.C. I always felt like I was going to get mugged.

Now I have been to Temple and let me tell you Philly is a real dirty city. I would say it is even dirtier than D.C. I always felt like I was going to get mugged.

It's true that Temple is not in a great part of Philly, but in general the city is nice and has some awesome sections.

Does anyone know what part of town is a little bit nicer to live in?

Thanks!

Does anyone know what part of town is a little bit nicer to live in?

Thanks!

It's hit and miss in quite a few areas, but in general don't look around North or West Philly. My wife and I moved to South Philly last summer and found a good neighborhood that feels safe and has friendly neighbors. You definitely want to drive around any potential locations and since Temple is on Broad street you have tons of options if you want to use the local transportion (www.septa.com) and transfer to the Broad St. line. The Graduate Hospital area is nice for students, but more expensive. All along the east side of the city (between Front St and 2nd) is decent in S. Philly, but gets more expensive as you move north from Pennsport to Queens Village to Society Hill (rich area). If I get into Temple my wife and I will either stay put or look around one of the suburbs so I can ride the train into town. Hope that helps, and don't forget to peruse Craigslist as there are sometimes good listings.

philly, is an awful city! If you like lots of liter in the streets, gangs, and homeless people all over than temple is the place for you!

philly, is an awful city! If you like lots of liter in the streets, gangs, and homeless people all over than temple is the place for you!

You should really consult a dictionary. Every post you've made has had horrible spelling mistakes. :idea:

It's the city, ass, ...what big city will u go to and not find homeless ppl and gangs??:idea:
I'm actually tired of hearing ppl say that stuff........just don't go to temple!! For us inner city kids, it is what makes us strong....

chicago is like the garden of eden compared to philly!

It's hit and miss in quite a few areas, but in general don't look around North or West Philly. My wife and I moved to South Philly last summer and found a good neighborhood that feels safe and has friendly neighbors. You definitely want to drive around any potential locations and since Temple is on Broad street you have tons of options if you want to use the local transportion (www.septa.com) and transfer to the Broad St. line. The Graduate Hospital area is nice for students, but more expensive. All along the east side of the city (between Front St and 2nd) is decent in S. Philly, but gets more expensive as you move north from Pennsport to Queens Village to Society Hill (rich area). If I get into Temple my wife and I will either stay put or look around one of the suburbs so I can ride the train into town. Hope that helps, and don't forget to peruse Craigslist as there are sometimes good listings.
I think this poster gave some great insight. Here's also a thread on temple that might help. If you search the forums there are some good places to live that are within decent commuting distance so you don't feel like you are in the ghetto.

Members don't see this ad :)
philly isnt so bad
i lived there never had any problem!
live away from broad street though..

That part of Philly really is rough, though. My brother in law was walking down the street once and this guy down the street yells "Hey, yo, I got one that's unlocked." Then, out of seemingly nowhere, 5 people appear, jump in the car, appear to hotwire it, and then quickly accelerate off.

Philly's a great town though. I wouldn't call it dirty. If you are afraid of the city that much, you can live up North around some of the nice Montgomery Co. suburbs and take the train into town.

ok born and raised in philly, about 10 minutes from temple pharmacy...did my undergrad at temple actually...first off theres no better city then philadelphia...however i'll agree that the location of temples pharmacy school is far far far from ideal...actually its prob top 10 worst areas in the whole country to be honest...dirty? yes very...the whole gangs thing ehh phillys not known really for gangs, actually i dont think they exist haha to be all honest...homeless people yes quite a few in that area... however the city in general is awesome just sucks its pharmacy school is in the worst area...I live in northeast philly which is nothing but trees, parks, and really nice neighborhoods...and i also spend alot of time down south philly (im a mummer for those of you who know philadelphia...fralinger.org u can check us out) and down in south philadelphia you wont find nicer people in the whole world...yeah so just because the school is located in an awful spot dont get the wrong impression of the city as a whole, theres sooo much to do here...if you want really nice neighborhoods go to the Northeast part of the city esp if u'll have a car it' only a quick drive down the blvd to school....if any1 has any questions feel free to write me...

No Northeast Philadelphia...Bensalems further north

Does anybody know when the adcom was meeting to decide on the interviewers form the week of 3/12-3/16?? I am just too anxious. I just want to know if I have been accepted.

So they meet once a week for every week of interviews?
I had my interview today and the lady said that they accepted 62 people already :(
I hope I get in!!!

Wow thats 22 people since I had my interview a little over a week ago. I hope the letter is in the mail for me!!!

I'm just wondering do you guys think I could call and ask if they've made a decision yet, or is that a bad thing to do?

ahhh.. 22 people maybe from our week brasilia...
hope ill get that letter soon..
crossing my fingers.

if you call and they let you know.. let me know. lol.

I know that's what I'm saying. I hope we both got in. I was just thinking about it, i think about 20 people interviewed that day right? If so I htink they had interviews the rest of the week so maybe a 1/5 chance we got accepted. Thats assuming they interviewed 20 a day. I don't think they will call us, but do you think I should call them tomorrow Jenny and maybe ask? I don't want them to rip up my app because I'm annoying them, btu I just want to know!!!!

yeah. i hear you on that one.. i wonder if there were itnerviews the week before us and if they had/had not counted them in those 40 yet.. that would be sweet if 20 people from our week got in. who knows?

i think im going to hold out to next tuesday before i call. thats 2 weeks. and then ill start bugging them.

yeah I'll prob do the same. If we get a letter you should hear back before me, so let me know if you do receive a letter.