Temple University Interview HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masri100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got an interview for Temple Uni, I heard its a very laid back school. Its long interview, should I wear a suit or more of a shirt and a tie.

In addition, I heard/read that the video statement is too see your personality, should I touch the topic of finance, that I already got my finacial situation prepared for dental school?

Last but not least! What are the chances of admission based on the interview. Does it have a high or low interview/acceptance ratio. So does it interview a lot of people like more then the double amount of spots they have?

:xf:Wish Me Luck, Interview in 2 weeks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Suit (at least waist up for the video).

Don't mention finances unless it's in a very funny remark sort of way. I can't think of a way to do it. And I'm hilarious.

Acceptance stats are floating around out there. We were invited to express interest after the interview if we were indeed serious about becoming an owl. So I'd email Mr. Hand after the interview and tell him you love hooters.

Good luck. And yes, bring your personality. Not the pre-dent one.

Don't mention finances unless it's in a very funny remark sort of way. I can't think of a way to do it. And I'm hilarious.

Acceptance stats are floating around out there. We were invited to express interest after the interview if we were indeed serious about becoming an owl. So I'd email Mr. Hand after the interview and tell him you love hooters.

Thanks so much! Def bringing my A-game to the floor! I am truly interested in this school, its the closest one from home, I hope i dont screw it up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Whens your interview? I interview there on thursday and hope it doesn't get pushed back due to the weather!!

Nov 13th, when is the storm going to hit Philly?

So I got an interview for Temple Uni, I heard its a very laid back school. Its long interview, should I wear a suit or more of a shirt and a tie.

In addition, I heard/read that the video statement is too see your personality, should I touch the topic of finance, that I already got my finacial situation prepared for dental school?

Last but not least! What are the chances of admission based on the interview. Does it have a high or low interview/acceptance ratio. So does it interview a lot of people like more then the double amount of spots they have?

:xf:Wish Me Luck, Interview in 2 weeks! :)

Definitely wear a suit. Plus it's cold, so why not?

Don't mention financial. Just show personality, be animated don't sit there like a dud. If you have a very interesting skill show it.

Can't speak to the ratio but traditionally if you are being interviewed you have a good chance at acceptance. Don't worry if it isn't immediately on Dec 1st.

It's Hahn. ;)

+1 to the interest post interview. +10 to hooters

I Keep reading all of these posts and im getting a tad bit nervous. My advisor gave me a sheet of "to-do's" for my committee letter Interview and i was conflicted on the idea of bringing a notepad. Will it be necessary? Also, Someone should make an official acceptance thread for the class of 2017!:D

decent amount of people bring notepad. it's not necessary though... there isnt much to take notes of in interview..

I spoke to someone yesterday that interviewed at temple. Do your best to practice a 2 minute speech on why you want temple and why they should choose you. Practice directly into a video camera and smile like you're doing a commercial ( : She said it was awkward being video taped.
Best of luck!

hey ,, did jeffity forward to anyone of you guys his experience in Temple's interview!! plz forward! i deleted mine when my inbox was full!
thanks

Hey Everyone,

I interviewed at Temple Dental School two days ago. For the interview, they put me in a room with a video and gave me up to 4 minutes to speak. The prompt was something like: Explain your interest in dentistry and why we should accept you to Temple. I knew about the video interview in advance so I prepared a 4 minute speech and rehearsed it many times. Brian seemed impressed by my preparation and said I was the first person all year to come in with a well-rehearsed 4 minute speech. When I got home, I videotaped myself giving the speech and put it onto YouTube. Feel free to use it as a reference for preparing your own speeches.

Reactions: 1 users
You really got after it resurrecting all these temple threads... All I got to say is... Unicycle and juggling club?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone,

I interviewed at Temple Dental School two days ago. For the interview, they put me in a room with a video and gave me up to 4 minutes to speak. The prompt was something like: Explain your interest in dentistry and why we should accept you to Temple. I knew about the video interview in advance so I prepared a 4 minute speech and rehearsed it many times. Brian seemed impressed by my preparation and said I was the first person all year to come in with a well-rehearsed 4 minute speech. When I got home, I videotaped myself giving the speech and put it onto YouTube. Feel free to use it as a reference for preparing your own speeches.

Oh god, don't do this, OP. I mean no offense to the poster, but to really get your personality across (something that was mentioned like 30 times at the interview), you should have a good idea of what you are going to say and go from there. Reciting a speech shows preparedness, but makes you seem like a robot. You absolutely need a shirt and tie for the interview. Last year, temple sent offers to ~74% of OOS interviewees, and I believe 10% less to in states.

The interview is roughly:

-Introductions (and a question to make sure you know about dentistry)
-Presentation by Brian Hahn (he leads everything until the interview/prompt)
-Tour of the school
-Lunch with dental students
-Writing Prompt
-Video interview

If there was one concept that they stressed, it was personality. Be yourself, unless you're one of those guys I've been seeing that clearly think too highly of themselves :p

I agree with squigloo. The speech seemed very robotic and not very energetic. Well, seeing their relatively high acceptance rate for both OOS and IS, coupled with your very high DAT, you probably have a high chance for acceptance anyway.
Be sure to let us know how it goes. Although I do think reposting this video 5 times is a little too much, exposing yourself before acceptances are even handed out may be risky, and slightly bragging about your DAT scores was a cocky move.

Hey Everyone,

That was absolutely awful. I have never seen such a terrible speech. But I still think you will get in, because of high OOS acceptance rate to those who got interviewed.

I agree with squigloo. The speech seemed very robotic and not very energetic. Well, seeing their relatively high acceptance rate for both OOS and IS, coupled with your very high DAT, you probably have a high chance for acceptance anyway.
Be sure to let us know how it goes. Although I do think reposting this video 5 times is a little too much, exposing yourself before acceptances are even handed out may be risky, and slightly bragging about your DAT scores was a cocky move.

Holy toledo, I didn't see the dat post. Refer to the last sentence of my previous post.