Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Temple university-->placed on hold

Discussion in 'hSDN' started by HSES, Dec 1, 2008.

1. HSES

2+ Year Member

Hey i was placed on hold for Temple University and wants to know what this is and what is going to happen from here on out and was anyone ever placed on hold for temple if so what happened?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Depakote

Depakote Pediatric Anesthesiologist
    Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    can't really speak for undergrad or joint program admissions holds but this wasn't a good sign in med school admissions.

A hold means they've put off reviewing your file and are looking at more people ahead of you. I only had one school come back to me after a hold and actually interview me... didn't get in.

There's still hope, but I wouldn't say your chances are good. Sorry. :(

4. Depakote

Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If you want to do something, it wouldn't hurt to send them a letter telling them how interested you are in the school/program. It might not do anything but it couldn't hurt and who knows, it could set you apart if they do get around to reviewing the files on hold.

5. HSES

2+ Year Member

thanks a lot and yea i sent out a letter today....hopefully it works in my favor.

6. Depakote

Attending Physician
    good luck.:luck: