Temple upgrades

Discussion in 'Podiatry Students' started by JEWmongous, Jun 14, 2008.

1. JEWmongous

JEWmongous Member

I was told during my temple interview that temple was going to upgrading parts of the pod campus (in the near future). I was not impressed with the admissions people over there so I'm curious how true this is. Any word on this??? I also heard rumors of the pod school moving up north once the new medical school building is completed.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MaseratiGT

MaseratiGT Legilimens!

Podiatry Student
    I hope it doesn't move. I like the proximity to everything in City Center.

4. bdaddyjolley

bdaddyjolley ACFAS Member

Podiatry Student
    THere are upgrades going on right now. There has been some awesome wet labs finished a while ago and currently they are redoing the computer labs. I know that because I went to use one of them the other day and it was closed for remodeling. There are other things in the pipeline but I don't know if work has been started on it. It will probably be a little here.

There is no truth to the pod school moving up to north philly. Our dean told us that the Medical school offered us their old building when they move into the new one but it was the feeling of the dean that if it is not good enough for them then it is not good enough for us. Our pod building has much more up to date technology than the old med school building even though it isn't the most aestetically pleasing. Plus center city is nicer and also by being there the pod school can keep more control of what it does rather than if it was on the main campus.

#3 bdaddyjolley, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  5. JEWmongous

JEWmongous Member

Thanks for the info. I never did the internship at Temple, I did it at ohio last year. It was a very good experience and my first time visiting a pod school.

6. bdaddyjolley

bdaddyjolley ACFAS Member

Podiatry Student
    My mistake on the internship. I meant to say you shadowed in the Pod clinic. I remember you telling me of your experience with Dr. Larry Newman.