Temple vs. Buffalo vs. Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dorl618

Reaction score
Hi,

I received the acceptance offer from Temple University and University at Buffalo, and I had an interview with University of Maryland-Baltimore.
Since I am an out of state student anyways, so the tuitions won't be so different for the three schools.
Can you give any advice on choosing school?
Thanks in advance!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I got into UMB this cycle and while it is a good school (#14 ranked), the out of state tuition is very expensive (about $40,000/yr). On top of that, you still need to pay for housing and food which might set you back at least $10,000/yr (off campus). Keep in mind that you also have to pay for health insurance ($2500/yr) and other fees associated with the school.

This info is not meant to discourage you but to inform you about the costs. I would suggest you talk with the admissions counselor at UMB regarding scholarships and grants, and maybe a current pharmacy student at UMB (through LinkedIn) who might have a more accurate idea of the costs (housing, books, food etc.). Hope that helps.