Temple vs. Buffalo vs. Maryland

Started by dorl618
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dorl618

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I received the acceptance offer from Temple University and University at Buffalo, and I had an interview with University of Maryland-Baltimore.
Since I am an out of state student anyways, so the tuitions won't be so different for the three schools.
Can you give any advice on choosing school?
Thanks in advance!!🙂
 
I got into UMB this cycle and while it is a good school (#14 ranked), the out of state tuition is very expensive (about $40,000/yr). On top of that, you still need to pay for housing and food which might set you back at least $10,000/yr (off campus). Keep in mind that you also have to pay for health insurance ($2500/yr) and other fees associated with the school.

This info is not meant to discourage you but to inform you about the costs. I would suggest you talk with the admissions counselor at UMB regarding scholarships and grants, and maybe a current pharmacy student at UMB (through LinkedIn) who might have a more accurate idea of the costs (housing, books, food etc.). Hope that helps.