Temple vs. Maryland Baltimore

Started by Kaitlyn11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kaitlyn11

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have gotten into 2 of my top choices but I have no idea which one to actually choose! Anyone else think they are going to one of these or have any insight? Thanks!
 
I have gotten into 2 of my top choices but I have no idea which one to actually choose! Anyone else think they are going to one of these or have any insight? Thanks!
Kaitlyn11: Both really good programs obviously and I have no specific insight about the content of their respective curriculums, sorry. I have however spent time at each school. Some people love Temple and the surronding neighborhoods however many do not. I would simply urge you to make additional visits to each school to ensure you have a comfort level at them both. Good luck and congrats.
 
Maryland. That's where I am going. Ranked higher and somewhat safer. But I haven't visited Temple...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kaitlyn11: Both really good programs obviously and I have no specific insight about the content of their respective curriculums, sorry. I have however spent time at each school. Some people love Temple and the surronding neighborhoods however many do not. I would simply urge you to make additional visits to each school to ensure you have a comfort level at them both. Good luck and congrats.
Thanks for the insight! I already live very close to UMB but I will
Have to visit the Philly area again!
 
hi! just wondering what did you end up deciding? i'm in the same boat!
Hi! I haven't decided! I'm really torn! I'm from Maryland though so I need to go back and look at the Philly area one more time before I make a decision. My biggest reservation with Maryland is starting in May. My biggest reservation with temple is just being away from friends and family and the tuition cost. I love both programs though, however I do feel more connected the professors at temple then I did Maryland... Such a hard decision!
 
are you sure maryland starts in may? it says aug 12 on the academic calendar for d1 if i'm reading it correctly
 
are you sure maryland starts in may? it says aug 12 on the academic calendar for d1 if i'm reading it correctly

Are you applying for something other than the DPT program? You may have done a search for Maryland and ended up on the pre-pt boards. Just a thought, since I know PT is the only Maryland program that runs through the summer.
 
I have gotten into 2 of my top choices but I have no idea which one to actually choose! Anyone else think they are going to one of these or have any insight? Thanks!
I am applying to Baltimore. could you give me any pointers that you think made your application stand out.?
 
I don't know of any specific pointers other than meeting the criteria they list on the website, but I do recommend applying as early as possible. They have rolling admissions, so seats go quickly. I'm not sure how true this is, but I heard that the class was pretty much full by the November interview dates last year.