Temple-vs-NYMC?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blazed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your opinion on Temple and New York Medical College? I wanted to know which one would you go to if you were accepted to both, and why? Need input here my fellow MD'S, holla back at me.... :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

i'd pick temple. at NYMC you'll get to live (if u want) in manhattan for years 3 and 4, which is awesome. but temple is better for basic sciences (IMHO) and much better for clinical. besides philly is pretty cool (even though it's no new york city--but hey..it's better than white plains...).

Temple has far better clinical experience from what I've heard. NYMC college is in NYC 3rd and 4th year but you do not have as good of affiliates or extent the of clinical cases you would see and Temple.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking the same thing, Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

What the hell are youtaling bout? NYMC doesn't have good places to rotate? What about St. Vincent's, Metro, and Westchester? I would definitely take NYMC over Temple. People do better on the boards and the match at NYMC.