Dec 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey everyone,
I was waitlisted by Temple in late December and was told that no decision would be made until April. I just wanted to know if anyone who goes to Temple, knows someone at Temple, or just knows about the process the school goes through might know how long after April 1 they start sending out invitations off of the waitlist.
Thanks!

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey everyone,
I was waitlisted by Temple in late December and was told that no decision would be made until April. I just wanted to know if anyone who goes to Temple, knows someone at Temple, or just knows about the process the school goes through might know how long after April 1 they start sending out invitations off of the waitlist.
Thanks!
i dont know for sure, but i assume they start sending out more acceptances after april 1 because of 2nd deposits not received. when did you interview, and did your letter say you were wait listed or that you would remain under review until april?

Dec 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
i dont know for sure, but i assume they start sending out more acceptances after april 1 because of 2nd deposits not received. when did you interview, and did your letter say you were wait listed or that you would remain under review until april?
I was sent an email saying I was waitlisted and to not contact them until April (which is why I haven't called them :p) and my AADSAS status was also changed to "waitlist."

Mar 16, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I'm on the waitlist and received that email too. Does anyone have any information on the waitlist movement? After what date should we expect to hear any news? How many people are on the waitlist and when do they start taking people from the waitlist? I have so many questions but I don't want to bother them since they specifically said not to contact them until April..

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
predents stats show that only 7 people have been accepted since january 1. i know its just a snapshot but...

Dec 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
predents stats show that only 7 people have been accepted since january 1. i know its just a snapshot but...
I'm assuming those are from people who were accepted rather than waitlisted...or those who were just late in updating their predents. Hopefully sometime soon we'll start hearing back regarding waitlisted students.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm assuming those are from people who were accepted rather than waitlisted...or those who were just late in updating their predents. Hopefully sometime soon we'll start hearing back regarding waitlisted students.
i interviewed in the beginning of march. they told me, "hold tight till the beginning of april". those accepted after jan 1 were not on a waitlist. now we are waiting for people to withdraw after putting down their first deposit. the second deposit was due today.

:bang:

Feb 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
i interviewed in the beginning of march. they told me, "hold tight till the beginning of april". those accepted after jan 1 were not on a waitlist. now we are waiting for people to withdraw after putting down their first deposit. the second deposit was due today.

:bang:
I don't know if this helps but I called on monday to ask a financial aid question, and the women told me she couldn't tell me any final figures b/c they are currently still accepting people. Good luck!

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't know if this helps but I called on monday to ask a financial aid question, and the women told me she couldn't tell me any final figures b/c they are currently still accepting people. Good luck!
thanks sky. that makes me feel better! :)

Dec 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
It is good indeed to know they are still accepting people :). I just hope we find out sometime soon!

Dec 20, 2009
Status
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I know 5 people who were waitlisted last year and none of them got in. In sum, accept all offers and treat waitlists like rejections.

Dec 20, 2009
Status
Why would they have a waitlist if they reject some after interviewing?
As an insurance in case a student decides to drop out. Given the high level of competition this year, fewer students are giving up their spots just because they are getting into fewer schools and have fewer options.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
As an insurance in case a student decides to drop out. Given the high level of competition this year, fewer students are giving up their spots just because they are getting into fewer schools and have fewer options.
who are you ask? :confused:

enamelion

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2008
ATL
Status
Pre-Dental
Received an email about Temple acceptance today. Interviewed back in mid-February :)

Dec 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Does anyone has heard anything from Temple? Any watlisted people or forever "under review"?:confused::confused::confused:

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Does anyone has heard anything from Temple? Any watlisted people or forever "under review"?:confused::confused::confused:
lets start getting ready for next cycle and see what happens. thats my attitude. i figure there might be a little movement after aadsas sends out the report of who has made multiple deposits. the schools start making calls and i think they are given a minimum of 2 weeks to make up their minds or else the school can revoke their admission. i know i cant hold out for that. im going forward with re-applying. oh well... sucks for me. im going to try and do some volunteering, and work to save some money. thats my plan. if i get in, i get in, i havnt given up hope, im just finished waiting.

Simiam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Philly
Status
Dental Student
I know they just pulled a guy from the waitlist last week. If I were you I would reapply if I hadn't heard anything by June 1, so start tweeking your applications as if you are going to reapply now. Good luck

Feb 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys I just released a spot I got last week at temple good luck to all the ppl still waiting don't lose hope I got into upenn and temple a week apart.. Hope an acceptance finds someone that deserves it .. I know this process is so stressful good luck

snaggletoof

Have Faith
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey guys I just released a spot I got last week at temple good luck to all the ppl still waiting don't lose hope I got into upenn and temple a week apart.. Hope an acceptance finds someone that deserves it .. I know this process is so stressful good luck
please let it be me. :soexcited: