Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DUBS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that most people in the first wave of acceptances have already heard from Temple. If I still haven't received anything from them, does that mean I am not in the first wave, or that I have been rejected? I'm in Cali and interviewed there in September.

Members don't see this ad.

DUBS said:
It seems to me that most people in the first wave of acceptances have already heard from Temple. If I still haven't received anything from them, does that mean I am not in the first wave, or that I have been rejected? I'm in Cali and interviewed there in September.

I interviewed mid-Nov. If I don't receive a letter this weekend, I'm going to email Brian and ask my status. I wonder if rejections were also sent? No news is good news.

Oh my GOD! Thank goodness I'm not the only one on THAT boat! I was pissing and moaning all day after I got my mail and no Temple envelope. I thought FOR SURE I was the only person (I live in San Francisco) in California who interviewed Mid November and didn't get an envelope. I don't see, still, how "no news is good news" because it just keeps stringing ya along and since this is my absolute first choice, it hurts. What to do...

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed mid-nov and temple is the only school i havent heard from... :confused:

PickMe said:
i interviewed mid-nov and temple is the only school i havent heard from... :confused:

Im from Cali, interviewed there mid october, and didn't hear anything as well.

th0mast33 said:
Im from Cali, interviewed there mid october, and didn't hear anything as well.

I'm in Cali, and I recieved the acceptance letter yesterday. My PO Box is in Garden Grove so it was SoCal. I also interviewed there in Sept. Maybe you guys are in NorCal so it takes longer for the acceptance to arrive. Good Luck

briansle said:
I'm in Cali, and I recieved the acceptance letter yesterday. My PO Box is in Garden Grove so it was SoCal. I also interviewed there in Sept. Maybe you guys are in NorCal so it takes longer for the acceptance to arrive. Good Luck

well, if i don't get an acceptance in the mail today i probably have been rejected (or hopefully waitlisted)

It isn't a rejection or a wait list. right now I believe the status is called 'under review'. So the committee will meet sometime in the future after they hear responses back from the first wave of people and decide who to call next. I went through it all last year and was strung along until May when all the schools rejected me :rolleyes:
good luck :D

I think we still have a shot at receiving an offer Mid-January...providing a rejection letter doesn't mail first!!!! Brian told us they send about 300 offers to fill 120 seats. That's a 40% acceptance rate. So I imagine only 80 or less of the first offers will accept in the first wave, leaving 40 seats open or more mid Jan. The number of vacant seats might even be larger, due to the first wave applicants receiving multiple offers. Maybe half the class is filled by the second 100 offers. I am curious to know how many interviews are conducted after 12/1. If the number is limited, it helps those who interviewd pre-12/1.

Most of my interview group was from Cali, and it doesn't appear the Cali schools have sent many acceptance notices. Once this happens, there will be a lot of movement....at least I hope.

ok, so i didn't get anything from Temple in the mail today either. I guess I'll just call on Monday and find out what's going on.. :confused:

I am in the same boats as everyone here, im still under review. But no one has really answered the question of if this is at least somewhat "good". Let me make myself more clear. On or after Dec 1st, has anyone gotten rejected? Or, is everyone either accepted or still under review? I am very curious to know if anyone has been rejected recently. Or, how many people who had interviews were rejected. Any response would be greatly appreciated, as Temple is alo my number one choice.

premedman said:
I am in the same boats as everyone here, im still under review. But no one has really answered the question of if this is at least somewhat "good". Let me make myself more clear. On or after Dec 1st, has anyone gotten rejected? Or, is everyone either accepted or still under review? I am very curious to know if anyone has been rejected recently. Or, how many people who had interviews were rejected. Any response would be greatly appreciated, as Temple is alo my number one choice.

I interviewed in december last year and was put under review in January. Then in February I was placed on the waitlist and was not given a seat in the class of 2009.

This year I applied and did not interview and my application went straight to the commitee becuase I interviewed and waitlisted last year and then on December 1st I got an acceptance letter packet.