Tennessee Controlled Substance Law

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kvl1027

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm studying for the TN MPJE, but I can't seem to find the controlled substance laws/requirements. I've downloaded the rules and regs and there is nothing specific about TN controlled substance requirements. Frankly the law seems pretty thin. Am I missing something?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it true that technicians can do transfers in TN?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any particular laws or regulations you are looking for? Or just a general overview? I'm a TN pharm student and I can go back and look at my law notes and a copy of the law if you'd like.

All of the information on controlled substances is in the TCA.

Depends on your question. For example 63-6-236 has prescription requirements. You really need a TN MPJE study book now that they don't publish the law book anymore.

I was able to find it. Most Boards just put that Shiz on the site. Unfortunately, I had to dig, but I figured it out. Thanks guys.

Certified Technicians can. They can also receive verbal prescription authorization.

What's the difference between a technician and a certified technician?

All technicians are required to be "Registered" with the board of pharmacy, essentially meaning licensed. A certified technician is one who has completed a training program and passed the certification exam becoming a certified and registered pharmacy technician.