1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Tennessee Housing?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Ark413, May 7, 2007.

1. Ark413

Pre-Dental
    Just looking for any advice as I am looking for a place to stay the next four years. Everyone says Mud Island but which specific apartments are most students using. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A good place is important but i'd also like to find a place that is somewhat reasonable as well.

I have a guy I'm planning on rooming with, so I'm looking for a 2 bedroom.

Thanks for the help...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shortset

Dental Student
    I am also looking to stay on Mudd Island. I've heard that Island Park Apartments was nice, so I just applied there so far. Apparently, you have to get on the waitlist with these apartment complexes because there are so many people that want to stay there. Try doing an apartment search at apartmentguide.com and apartmentfinder.com. Those are some really good sites. If you have the time and resources, try actually visiting the area in person to find a nice place. I am from out of state and really need to go visit again in person. I hope that helps a little.

4. Ark413

Pre-Dental
    Thanks. I am probably heading up there Thursday, but I just wanted to have some places in mind.

5. toothdr84

Pre-Dental
    Do you guys know when classes start?

6. shortset

Dental Student
    I heard that orientation starts Aug. 6th and classes start the week after.

7. johnway83

Pre-Dental
    I'm going to be living at Belle Harbour (formerly the Grove). For the same price as the Island, it's MUCH nicer and they have like a 100% resident maintenance satisfaction report. And that report came from an independent website, not from them.

8. shortset

Dental Student
    I will be staying at Island Park right next door to Belle Harbour.