Tennessee State DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBPT17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Does anyone know anything about the DPT program at TN State (Nashville)? I've looked around a bit and I didn't find much information on it and their website also doesn't help very much. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I cant really tell you much beyond what is available on their website and PTCAS. I'll be honest, I live in Tennessee and and TSU is not in a great area, and it isn't considered to be a good school and is a bit looked down on, at least for undergrad. They might very well be better for graduate school.

If you want to apply to TSU you will likely have to apply through early decision. They have 36 slots, and this year ALL of their spots were filled by early decision candidates before regular applicants could even apply. Since the other Tennessee schools like Belmont and UTC are so competitive, I think a lot of people do early decision to TSU because it isn't as competitive.

Reactions: 1 user
I cant really tell you much beyond what is available on their website and PTCAS. I'll be honest, I live in Tennessee and and TSU is not in a great area, and it isn't considered to be a good school and is a bit looked down on, at least for undergrad. They might very well be better for graduate school.

If you want to apply to TSU you will likely have to apply through early decision. They have 36 slots, and this year ALL of their spots were filled by early decision candidates before regular applicants could even apply. Since the other Tennessee schools like Belmont and UTC are so competitive, I think a lot of people do early decision to TSU because it isn't as competitive.
Thanks for the info! I decided to cross it off of my list.