Tennessee State University DPT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stw5454

WolfGrad
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Does anybody know about the TSU program i went on a interview and meet with a few 2nd year students and teachers. They accepted me in the program but im still not sure about this school. I Dont see much info on here about this schools dpt program. Is this a good school? Any info will help.

Members don't see this ad.

I have several friends that have attended or interviewed at this school. The best way I can describe it was in a way a current student described it to me, "The school itself is okay, i'll graduate, but the area the school is in is terrible." He didnt have to many positives to say about it, but didnt really have many negatives about it either besides the location. Just his two cents. Hope this helps.

I have several friends that have attended or interviewed at this school. The best way I can describe it was in a way a current student described it to me, "The school itself is okay, i'll graduate, but the area the school is in is terrible." He didnt have to many positives to say about it, but didnt really have many negatives about it either besides the location. Just his two cents. Hope this helps.
Your right about the area, thanks for the reply

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the program, and don't mind answering questions about my experience. Feel free to message me.

I'm not attending TSU, but am in a program that is in a crappy location. My program is good, but I think that the location makes a program somewhat self-selecting. PM me if you want, but I would say you should definitely spend a day at the school and get to know it better before deciding.

I also got accepted into the program. Has anyone received any information on what the next steps are? Is there a Facebook group? I couldn't find anything.

Vitalityforlife: I applied and I haven't heard anything. Were you in Batch 1 or Batch 2? I was Batch 3 and they told me they would only evaluate that batch if they have space available.

I'm in the program, and don't mind answering questions about my experience. Feel free to message me.

Banares, I was just notified of acceptance this afternoon and must make a decision by this Friday. Do you mind if I PM you for a few questions?

I heard from my advisor earlier this year that Tennesse State University DPT program was on probation... I was considering attending it if accepted after May 2015... the APTA program says it is accredited and will be up for re evaluation in 2019 I believe... has anyone else caught wind of this... I was hoping it is all good because like I said I plan to attend it

Whoever said the TSU PT program was in a bad area hit the nail on the head.

Luckily, there are plenty of nice areas around it (in the same city). The school itself is just smack dab in the worst part of nashville...

Let me be clear - the location of the program is not exceptional, but it isn't terrifying either. And, as a PT student, you are really only in one building. I spend the day in class, and then head home to study. But plenty of classmates drive a mile or two down the road to West End where there are some cool coffee shops/study spots.

Don't let this so called 'terrible' location discourage you from attending. I don't feel threatened of in danger in any way when I'm on or near campus.

Also, TSU is NOT on probation. It is an accredited and official program.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview at TSU on Friday and was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect as far as the essay questions and interview questions. Thanks!

I also got accepted into the program. Has anyone received any information on what the next steps are? Is there a Facebook group? I couldn't find anything.
What were your stats? I am applying this coming cycle and I want to see where I am. I know they say they do not consider overall GPA, but is that really true?