Tennessee....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streptmutan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So has anyone been curious enough to call UT Memphis and ask if the admissions committee has met yet? Is anyone else as curious as I am to hear the news?:D

Members don't see this ad.

dont know, but i dont have my interview there until january...
since they do not use AADSAS, i dont know how they notify you. Maybe a phone call, or snail mail. I doubt email as I have not had any contact with them through email, just snail mail

Dr. Coleman said the committee is meeting on the 2nd or 3rd of this month, so I am going to call tomorrow or the next day to find out. UT only accepts 20-30 people on the first round so it's not that big of a deal if the first round doesnt work out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, they definately don't use e-mail! :laugh: I doubt that they have the time to call everyone either. From years past everyone has either called or just waited til the letter came in the mail. I interviewed earlier and they said the comittee would be meeting today Dec.1, but i have a friend who interviewed recently and they told them Dec 3. So, I was just curious if anyone knew for sure, or had heard anything from them? Good Luck with your interview and hope to see you in the Fall!

Anybody have info on how UT is doing this year? I heard they were slow getting acceptances out last year so I wasn't sure if they're meeting in Dec, Feb, and March or if they have to push it back like they did last year.

Yea, im not sure about that but i hope everything will go as is planned. I know some people who got accepted last year, and everything went as expected and was on time for them. Actually people were notified on Nov 30th last year! Im sure we will recieve our letters on or by Friday the 5th. I just don't wanna have to wait that long if I don't have to. If anyone hears anything any sooner please let us know!!:D Good Luck everyone!

I've never had any problems emailing them and getting a reply but I'm pretty sure they don't give out acceptances via email. You can always call up Dr. Coleman and ask...he'll tell you what your status is if it's been decided upon. I wouldn't hesitate to call if I was curious. My interview is coming up in a little over a week so I'll see when their next meeting is and give everyone with later interview dates a heads up.

Do you know about how many people they're interviewing this year? I should've picked a pre-dec interview date so at least I'd know something by mid-dec....now I'll have to wait until jan/feb to hear any news. Grr!

Okay .. so whos gonna be the nice person to call Ms. Johnny and find out the news... Come on somebody who has more guts than I do please call ...:eek:

I just called Mrs. Johnny. She said they are meeting tomorrw, Wed. So I'm guessing if we call tomorrow afternoon we will be able to know.

sweet, thanks Nofear. I guess two more days wont hurt after over two months of waiting! :D when did you interview? 1st choice?Good Luck?

Streptmutan, I interviewed November 21. It's definately my first choice. It really sucks sitting around and waiting but whatever. When did you interview? I mean, I had a friend last year that didn't get accepted until the last week of April. Still the sooner to know the sooner the anxiety goes away.

I hate being stuck in limbo. Hopefully, my interview goes well and I'll get some good news soon after my interview, but just in case does anybody have any info on how Memphis does their waitlist and how they re-evaluate applicants on their waitlist?

UT accepts 20-30 applicants Wed. Then they meet again in either the end of January or beginning of February and make another round of acceptances. hen they meet again in March and maybe again in April if necessary. So they do this until the class is filled. Then after the class is filled they put you on either a waitlist or reject you. Then if someone turns down UT they pull someone off the waitlist.

It's something like that. They will explain it to you at the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea i know what you mean. I interviewed in Oct and have been pulling my hair out and have worried myself sick about this whole thing. My interview went really well( ithink) but its just scary thinking about it! Good luck tomorrow!!

Sooo are yall calling UT tomorrow and at what time? I'm thinking in the afternoon.

Yea I will definately call if i know they have for sure made a decision. i hope a list has been made by tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
So whos gonna be the brave soul to call and find out if decisions have been made?:).. anyone..

Haha heard that. I'm nervous. I'm trying to study for finals but I can't concentrate. I just need to know what the verdict is, good or bad. I'm calling at 2:15 eastern time, because they probably go to lunch from 12 to 1. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Wish you all the best and hope you guys hear some good news! I'm getting nervous about my interview in Memphis next week. Any last minute tips or insights?

I plan on calling after 3 p.m. memphis time. If anyone hears before then please let us know if decisions have been made or not. NoFear, Good luck! im sure you will be good! good luck studying for finals . I just took a histo exam and it was definately hard to concentrate not knowing. :laugh:
Tran: just be yourself. UT is an awesome school and they really do their best to make you feel at home and comfortable. Just be honest and be yourself and you will do fine. Good luck everyone! :xf:

Alright I just called and Dr. Coleman told me that the admissions comittee has met, however the list has to be reviewed by the dean. He told me that the earliest time to be notified about admission is late Friday afternoon I'm pretty sure. Haha he also reminded me that this first cycle is very selective.

You are killing me smalls!!! ok , so the list wont be ready until Friday? Did he say that they would notify us or... do we call then? Very selective huh?.... :eek:I'm not sure what to think about that? Did he ask who you were when you called him?

I was in exactly the same situation as you guys last year. FYI, I wasn't accepted by UT the first round, so don't stress too much. I, eventually, heard from them (acceptance) around mid january. Good luck

Thanks siem, thats comforting to know. Im pretty nervous. I feel like if i get a no this first round then its over for me!:(

Haha that's EXACTLY how I feel. If it doesn't go well for me then I am going to try my hardest not to let it get me down over the break. But if it goes well then it will be the best Christm break ever.

It's funny cause people ask me if I applied to any safety schools, and I'm like there is absolutely no such thing, and if there are safety schools then tell me where.

Im about to stop studying for a really hard final that i have tomorrow and drive home just to check the mail box that is probably empty because the mail man hasn't ran yet!! this waiting is literally driving me insane!

no fear,
are you gonna call back tomorrow or just wait for the mail man to bring a letter?

I'm thinkin I'm just gonna call late afternoon tomorrow. I think sitting around each day waiting for the mail man is WAY worse than just calling and getting it over with. Now if I call Friday and they still can't tell me, then I'm just gonna wait for the mail man.

Also, I was told by a D-1 student at my interview that Dr. Coleman likes to keep you on your toes. It was the first week of April, and the guy I met said he called and was like what's the deal with my application. Dr. Coleman said he would have to pull up his GPA, retake the DAT, etc. BUT then two days later he received his letter of acceptance in the mail.

So until you receive an actual rejection letter, it's not over.

Also, I don't think the acceptance letters have been mailed yet. The list was made yesterday but today the dean has to review the list. So the earliest that letters can be mailed is today or tomorrow. So I would guess that people who get accepted will get the letters sometime next week.

haha that is so awesome!! I totally know what you mean about Dr.C. That guy is totally right, so i truly believe that! AWESOME!!

They have the list finalized. I called...didn't get in.

so if we call they can let us know whether we got in or not?

Sorry to hear that jwalke. It so hard to tell what they're looking for.

From those that have reported accceptances on predents last year, UT-Mem seems to like a high GPA...and for those without a high GPA then at least a high DAT to make up for it. The exceptions seem to be those who are under-represented minorities. But then again, these stats are skewed simply because of the caliber of people who are on sdn/predents, so it doesn't represent the whole applicant pool.

Ugh...I'm just anxious to get this whole process over with so I can know what to do with my life!

Good luck to everyone waiting to find out!!

Yes. Just call, ask that you want to know if you got in on the first round.

They have the list finalized. I called...didn't get in.
did not get in first round; or you got rejected?

assuming they did not say that you were rejected, just because you did not get in first round does not mean that they wont accept you next round

This is my 2nd year applying (interviewed first year). Memphis won't reject you until summer after the final committee meeting of the year. They have "rolling" applications, so if you don't get in the first round, you will be considered again in the subsequent rounds.

Ah, well that's encouraging, jwalke! Don't give up hope yet!

This is my 2nd year applying (interviewed first year). Memphis won't reject you until summer after the final committee meeting of the year. They have "rolling" applications, so if you don't get in the first round, you will be considered again in the subsequent rounds.
thanks for the info, my interview is in early january

FYI...Dr. Coleman will tell you why you didn't get in and what to do if you ask.

Last edited:
Received the acceptance letter today.

has anyone else that knows they are in at UT recieved their acceptance letter yet?

Last edited:
I got into UT and I dont have my acceptance letter and I live in Tennessee. So don't give up hope yet......good luck everyone!:)

So about 1/4 of the class is already filled. The next committee meeting should be sometime middle of jan or beginning of feb.

Yay! Just got a letter saying I got in! They made a pretty quick decision considering the letter arrived today and I had my interview last friday.

got my acceptance as well!!!! i just cannot beleive it!