Termination

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hollowman2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was terminated as PGY 3. I refused resignation, after all, I see no difference between resignation / termination. I have been given an oral hearing.

Has anyone ever heard of a PD being overturned? I suspect not.

Even as a US med grad, who made it into competitive residency, I would suspect the blow is career ending. I see no reason not file a lawsuit. But perhaps I am wrong?

Members don't see this ad.

Care to comment on the circumstances surrounding the termination?

Consult a lawyer before doing anything else. In fact, you should probably have had one on board already, considering you had an oral hearing.

SDN is not for medical advice, and do we have to extend this to ALL professional advice?

Things posted online are discoverable. Get a lawyer, and don't put anything else on SDN. The advice given here (mine included) is worth what you paid for it.

Does any body know about the resident lawyer in different geographical area? Most of them are not familiar with the ACGME rules and regulation, they are mainly working in unemployment law. I am looking for one in Arizona. I appreciate referal.

although it would be nice to have a lawyer who specializes in residency matters, that is such a microsm of law, that it would be hard to find.

what you need is a good lawyer who deals with contracts and employment law...

although it would be nice to have a lawyer who specializes in residency matters, that is such a microsm of law, that it would be hard to find.

what you need is a good lawyer who deals with contracts and employment law...

Try the Semmelweis Society. google them. They have a web site and a bunch of lawyers. It ain't gonna be cheap or easy, though and many state laws are heavily stacked against you. Some have prevailed, though. Not many. And it is a highly specialized area of employment law.

sorry to hear this happened to you, maybe you can contact FPdoc86 since you both face the same situation..

sorry to hear this happened to you, maybe you can contact FPdoc86 since you both face the same situation..

Just when I thought you were about to complete your first gramatically correct sentence in the history of your time on SDN, you go ahead and put two damn periods at the end. What the hell, are you spotting?:confused:

To bulgethetwine,
Please no more nonsense and no more attack , if you don't offer help here , just stop posting here . Whatever you post here only shows your immaturity!!!!!

To bulgethetwine,
Please no more nonsense and no more attack , if you don't offer help here , just stop posting here . Whatever you post here only shows your immaturity!!!!!

I think he/she was just kidding.