Test 3 - DAT Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lonely Sol

cowgoesmoo fan!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the test and didnt do as well has I have done in the previous test. Previously I got 21-22 in the other practice tests, but this one, I only got 19/20/20. For the people who have taken the Test 3 of the achiever and the DATs, is the DAT Achiever T3 harder than the real thing. I did well in all te topscore tests but its just that I sometimes get confused and second guess my self with all I, II, and III type questions!

Also, are there question like DAT Achiever on the test, I mean like:

For example, I, II, and III choices and you pick the correct one or something!!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought Achiever 3 was the second easiest. I got 18/20/23. For what its worth...achiever just isn't as hard as people are making it out to be...at this point its all about reading the question carefully and not making any mistakes in calculations.

I've taken all three tests and am getting about what you're getting and I'm not satisfied either. Instead of using achiever to predict what you'll get on test day...I'm just using it as a learning experience to simulate test conditions. Don't sweat it too much, it is impossible to predict how you'll do in comparison to achiever/topscore. Some people go up only a point....others go up by 4....and believe it or not...some people do well on achiever and bomb the real deal. Psychological factors play a huge role as well. I did the worst on achiever 2 because I was so nervous (bought into all the hype that achiever was so hard and demoralizing). Went over the answers...and realized achiever is just not hard. Hard would be mcat questions...now that's difficult stuff!

Another thing I am realizing...once you start hitting the 20's on practice tests, you're really splitting hairs. I've monitored people who hit 20's or higher on practice tests and actually have certain sections go down on the real test. Another thing to keep in mind is that achiever gchem is pretty calculation heavy (for DAT standards)...so if you got a real dat test with heavy emphasis on conceptual material (see previous posts), achiever won't really be an accurate prediction. Likewise with ochem...achiever ochem is pretty easy, and I can think of PLENTY of extra dat testable material that wasn't even on there...craploads of other reactions...lab techniques...classification techniques (lucas, tollens, 2,4-DNP, Hindsberg, iodoform, etc). Plus...the stereochemistry was an absolute joke. I had a friend who took it last year say there was plenty of tricky stereochem stuff and etc. The list goes on and on....all you can do is just be as well rounded as possible.

Thank you guys for replying!!

Yea, poc91, I did well in the other two Achiever (1. 22/22/18 2. 20/21/20). Its just this one, I dont know there were alot of questions that were a little tricky! I guess I just have to make sure and look out for that.

And, bodyblddoc, thanks for the encouragement, hope you do well on yours too!!