Sep 3, 2015
Outer Gates
Status
Pre-Medical
I would imagine this is maybe a common topic.
I am in my first semester of pre-med classes and good grief the test anxiety has hit me hard.
I would get nervous in grad school but never like this.
I am literally feeling physically ill- to the point I can't even actually concentrate to study the last few days (with an exam tomorrow!).
Any effective solutions you've used to deal with this?

:sick:

Mar 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Start studying earlier and be completely prepared by at least the day before.

OP
TheZaLord
Sep 3, 2015
Outer Gates
Status
Pre-Medical
Well, that's the thing, I've been reviewing/doing practice problems since we began. A lot of this is even review from the intro class I took so stuff I even had well in hand.
Its just now on the level where I feel like I can't remember anything the closer I get to the test.
When I review the homework, I understand the individual concepts, can do the problems. But when I get to something cumulative, like on a practice test, I freeze.
I have been getting headaches for the last week shortly into sitting down to study, wake up feeling like my heart is beating out of my chest, super nauseous.
It's really weird, never, ever experienced it like this before. I've always been pretty laid back so I don't know where it's coming from now.

Last edited:

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Go to your school's counselling center STAT!

I would imagine this is maybe a common topic.
I am in my first semester of pre-med classes and good grief the test anxiety has hit me hard.
I would get nervous in grad school but never like this.
I am literally feeling physically ill- to the point I can't even actually concentrate to study the last few days (with an exam tomorrow!).
Any effective solutions you've used to deal with this?

:sick: