Test anxiety

Started by Squeaksmom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Squeaksmom

pathologically stubborn... 3rd time's the charm
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted this in the 2021 thread, but then I realised I should have made a separate thread so more people will see it. So I am 🙂

Can someone who has overcome test anxiety please DM me? Preferably a vet student or DVM just so you have the context of what vet school's like. Or several someones.... I need to pick a few brains!

TIA!
 
I should probably clarify... by overcome I don't mean will never have anxiety again ever, but who is able to thrive in the pressure cooker without succumbing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I am not a vet student yet but had to overcome test anxiety during my undergrad. Let me know if I can be of help!
 
Can't use them. It's a special situation.

If you have a documented disability that would entitle you to such accommodations, you really shouldn't be denied those accommodations. Pretty sure it's illegal in some/most places (???)

Like, even with the NAVLE (which I would call a pretty special situation??), someone who needs extra time accommodations gets that exam split up over 2 days.

Either way, it's those accommodations that Pippy mentioned (reduced distraction environment + extra breaks) in addition to extra time that allowed me to overcome (for the most part) my test anxiety. I do have documentation that recommends those things that I have supplied to universities, exam services (e.g. ETS which administers the GRE), etc.
 
I am a first year vet student who deals with test anxiety. Feel free to message me!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk