rolltide15

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
hey guys!

So my test is coming up really soon so I wanted to reach out and see if there was anything you guys thought was helpful to go through before, thoughts on how to approach the test, etc. I am super nervous but hopefully I can be successful and contribute to the DAT breakdowns so others can learn from my experience!

Thank You!!

Dancerkoh

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Dental Student
hey guys!

So my test is coming up really soon so I wanted to reach out and see if there was anything you guys thought was helpful to go through before, thoughts on how to approach the test, etc. I am super nervous but hopefully I can be successful and contribute to the DAT breakdowns so others can learn from my experience!

Thank You!!
Make sure you got through DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer! Those are vital! Write a lot of notes, and literally just work questions every day. That's the best way to learn the most from each topic!

OP
R

rolltide15

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How detailed did you go with Feralis' notes? Ive been reading through them for a few days I just don't know if I'll be able to remember all the small details some of which are tested in the Destroyer.

Dancerkoh

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Dental Student
How detailed did you go with Feralis' notes? Ive been reading through them for a few days I just don't know if I'll be able to remember all the small details some of which are tested in the Destroyer.
My best advice is don't get too consumed in the smaller details for Bio. I personally didn't go too in depth in Feralis because for bio I believe focusing on breadth over depth is more important. That's why destroyer is so great because going through those questions exposes you to so much so quickly. I would go through 50 questions and answer them and then make notes on everything I was questioning or missed. How have you been studying for bio so far?

OP
R

rolltide15

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I have gone through Cliff's AP Bio book and taken notes, I went through Kaplan's blue book for biology and took notes on it and then I began going through exams on bootcamp and in the destroyer. I only began reading Feralis' about a week ago. I have also made notecards and have been reviewing those. Bio for me is difficult because I definitely am better at chemistry being that was my major.

Dancerkoh

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I have gone through Cliff's AP Bio book and taken notes, I went through Kaplan's blue book for biology and took notes on it and then I began going through exams on bootcamp and in the destroyer. I only began reading Feralis' about a week ago. I have also made notecards and have been reviewing those. Bio for me is difficult because I definitely am better at chemistry being that was my major.
You sound to be doing everything right! But PLEASE listen to me when I say destroyer will do wonders! I know sometimes you feel like you may not be learning much when working in destroyer because you may makes stupid mistakes a lot or think the questions are too much, but it helps you become desensitized to the harder types of questions you could possibly have thrown at you.

OP
R

rolltide15

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How did you go through the Destroyer. I have been doing the problems and then writing the explanation next to them regardless if I got them right or not. I feel that even doing that helped me with future problems in the Destroyer. But I want to make sure I am doing everything in order to do well.

Dancerkoh

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Dental Student
How did you go through the Destroyer. I have been doing the problems and then writing the explanation next to them regardless if I got them right or not. I feel that even doing that helped me with future problems in the Destroyer. But I want to make sure I am doing everything in order to do well.
That's what I did too, but on ones that I was the most unsure about, I made a notecard to go through later! I went completely through bio twice and through gen chem and organic three times in the destroyer!

Reactions: rolltide15

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
If you've done everything you can just review lightly the day before and try to stay calm :). You've got this :D

Reactions: rolltide15

orgoman22

Dr. Jim Romano DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
I like your study plan! But I must let you know Feralis was a student like yourself who put notes together mainly complied from Campbell's and Cliffs. So if you are finding them too dense and a lot of students do, don't worry about it. If you read Feralis breakdown on SDN he received a 30 in Bio and claims had he done cliffs and Destroyer he still would have received a 3o. Just some food for thought.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy