Test Cancellations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrRedstone

PGY-3
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prometric today be like
Thanos Snap.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got one email that didn't specify which test, I'm signed up for COMLEX and USMLE. This year just keeps getting worse

I got one email that didn't specify which test, I'm signed up for COMLEX and USMLE. This year just keeps getting worse

Seems to be a common theme. The NBOME did release a statement saying Prometric will follow up with everyone they have cancelled to specify which test they need to reschedule soon so hopefully soon means tomorrow or Friday the latest.

Members don't see this ad :)
See, now I'm just more confused. I got the top email yesterday and the bottom email today (after I rescheduled).

Prometric.png

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like if you stay put, they might auto move you to best date when they open up new dates/state restrictions ease...

any thoughts on what do do now? Idk if I should reschedule or what
I rescheduled yesterday when I got the cancellation email. But then I got the confirmation email today. I tried to call Prometric but they aren't answering their phones and not doing Live Chat. I tried to email them but it wouldn't go through.

Sent from my SM-G970U using SDN mobile

People at my school got a hold of NBOME and they said to disregard the confirmation email and use the cancellation. It apparently was a glitch in Prometrics incredible system (at least that was the NBOME guess). This is all hearsay though my class but figured I'd pass it along

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed NBOME with my ID and they confirmed my cancellation.
On hold with NBME right to confirm my USMLE cancellation now.

They must be opening up new dates, right?

I rescheduled yesterday when I got the cancellation email. But then I got the confirmation email today. I tried to call Prometric but they aren't answering their phones and not doing Live Chat. I tried to email them but it wouldn't go through.

Sent from my SM-G970U using SDN mobile
What was your original date and when did you reschedule for?

According to the NBOME president, they are "continuing to work with Prometric to open more dates". But basically confirmed people might have to wait months to take exams if they got their original date canceled.

Did NBME confirm your cancellation? I just got a lady who told me "she doesnt know anything, we dont get updated right away"

What is going on here seriously? Got the cancellation email but test is still confirmed on both prometric and NBME. Do I re-schedule? this is a nightmare.

NBOME said Prometric is working to re-schedule COMLEX dates on a rolling basis (in priority of earlier dates). NBME has not released a similar statement, but their latest update says they are trying to implement more flexible testing procedures (e.g., testing at other sites, etc.).

My concern is if I re-schedule my Step (originally mid-June) and give up that confirmation number, I will lose an earlier spot if more times open up. Or get bumped from my later date anyway. Waiting to hear back from both Prometric and NBME...

NBOME said Prometric is working to re-schedule COMLEX dates on a rolling basis (in priority of earlier dates). NBME has not released a similar statement, but their latest update says they are trying to implement more flexible testing procedures (e.g., testing at other sites, etc.).

My concern is if I re-schedule my Step (originally mid-June) and give up that confirmation number, I will lose an earlier spot if more times open up. Or get bumped from my later date anyway. Waiting to hear back from both Prometric and NBME...
Just hold your spot. Thats what im doing.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing for now. Especially since we need more info from NBME.

Now to miraculously get my focus back...
Barely studied for shelf this Friday. How am I supposed to get in the "dedicated" mindset without a date? Crazy.

I had my CK scheduled for the 29th of June, with CE scheduled for the 2nd of July.

I got my CK cancelled and I cannot find dates in June/July/August at any sites within a reasonable distance to me. I am very lost and confused.

So are we supposed to wait for Prometric to do something?

I just got a confirmation email from Prometric stating my COMLEX was on September 21st in Erie. Problem is, I had rescheduled it to August 18th yesterday just east of Pittsburg after having my May 18th date canceled.
This is a **** show of the highest order. Luckily I found a date in Toledo on August....but who knows if Prometric will just cancel that and reschedule my time and location again.

My Level 3 was scheduled for mid May, then moved up 2 weeks to early May, now this evening I get an email that it is now in October. Like WTF. I don't even know how to study for this crap because who knows if they will just keep moving it around??

I used savemydate site and was able to get COMLEX and USMLE back in July timeframe.
Pay to use product but worth it in my mind.

How do you access the site/app? I am still in the boat of hoping more dates open up, so it would be good to be informed in a timely manner. Not sure how much I trust Prometric/NBME, heh.

How do you access the site/app? I am still in the boat of hoping more dates open up, so it would be good to be informed in a timely manner. Not sure how much I trust Prometric/NBME, heh.
MoveMyExam site. Sorry forst post misspelled.

Pretty sure loads of prometric sites have been re-opening.

Did any one else notice thousands of May spots open up on Prometric last night? I forwarded to some of my classmates, but they are all skeptical that it might be a glitch (weird thing to happen unannounced on a Friday night...when of course no one at Prometric can be reached), and don't want to give up their rescheduled dates in the summer/fall.

Did any one else notice thousands of May spots open up on Prometric last night? I forwarded to some of my classmates, but they are all skeptical that it might be a glitch (weird thing to happen unannounced on a Friday night...when of course no one at Prometric can be reached), and don't want to give up their rescheduled dates in the summer/fall.

It happened across June and July too. Everything completely booked to almost everyday having open spots in many centers across the country. I went ahead and snatched my original June Step date back that got purged (if these are real I would've been kicking myself for not doing it so it seemed like a worthy gamble) and there seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there about if these spots are real or not. Some are being told it was a glitch, some are being told some spots are legit but not others and some are being told they opened up a ton of new spots and they're all legit. Prometric doesn't even know at this point what's real and what's not in their own system.

I went ahead and rescheduled my June Step that got cancelled, but I'm basically prepared for weird things to happen like getting kicked back again, lol. Who knows?

I lost a week of studying after this week so original 6/15 and 6/22 cancelled. Now 7/6 and 7/13 closer to my rotations for next year.
It all worked out.

I just found out that Prometric is cancelling anyone who's seat number is odd. So my COMLEX is good to go but my USMLE will be canceled.

I just found out that Prometric is cancelling anyone who's seat number is odd. So my COMLEX is good to go but my USMLE will be canceled.

Was this whole odd/even thing last week when cancellation emails were sent out? Or is this a separate thing now?

How did you know your seat number? What is your source?

My school FB page had students posting about it. I called the test center in Mentor OH and they were able to look up my seat number based on my test date and last name. They can only look up tests at that particular test center, though. My COMLEX in Akron, OH is still on.....just the USMLE is affected.

Was this whole odd/even thing last week when cancellation emails were sent out? Or is this a separate thing now?

This appears to be something new now. I never got a cancellation email for my USMLE either. I may wait until next week to reschedule....unless I find something around the same date between then and now.

• Sad