Test Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMC2UCLA2_

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone on here who has taken the DAT can give me the exact sequence of events during the DAT.

As I understand it:
(1) 30 min tutorial
(2) SNS (90 min)
(3) PAT (60 min)
(4) 15 min break
(5) Is there another tutorial here?
(6) RC (60 min)
(7) QR (45 min)

Also, after you finish a section such as SNS, does the next part of the exam (PAT) begin immediately or can you delay for a few minutes before proceeding?

Members don't see this ad.

SMC2UCLA2_ said:
I was hoping someone on here who has taken the DAT can give me the exact sequence of events during the DAT.

As I understand it:
(1) 30 min tutorial
(2) SNS (90 min)
(3) PAT (60 min)
(4) 15 min break
(5) Is there another tutorial here?
(6) RC (60 min)
(7) QR (45 min)

Also, after you finish a section such as SNS, does the next part of the exam (PAT) begin immediately or can you delay for a few minutes before proceeding?

Your correct, but there is no #5. You can take a break after each section....a screen comes up stating that your time limit expired and your next section does not begin until you hit ok....I went to the bathroom after each section.

The people at the testing center know nothing about the DAT.

OOOOOO said:
Your correct, but there is no #5. You can take a break after each section....a screen comes up stating that your time limit expired and your next section does not begin until you hit ok....I went to the bathroom after each section.

The people at the testing center know nothing about the DAT.

Seriously? Can you use this break to get new scratch paper and set it up?

SMC2UCLA2_ said:
Seriously? Can you use this break to get new scratch paper and set it up?

I did. You just need to turn in your old scratch paper. The next section will not start until you hit ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
u can get extra paper at anytime, but the clock will always be ticking unless u're on break.

food4thots said:
u can get extra paper at anytime, but the clock will always be ticking unless u're on break.

so even if you dont click next like OOOOO says, the clock will be ticking down?

im not sure how much time they let u have on that. but i can imagine that the test will soon start after a couple of mins if u don't click to the next section. i don't think u can stall for too long.

it's a 15min tutorial, but you don't really need it. I used it to write down some equations and other stuff on my scratch paper.

howui3 said:
it's a 15min tutorial, but you don't really need it. I used it to write down some equations and other stuff on my scratch paper.

good point. nice use of the tutorial.

When your time expires on a section the new page that appears will tell you that you are about to enter another section and too hit the "next" button to proceed. If you look in the upper right hand corner of this page you will see that the time is running. The only time you have to not spend frantically answer questions will be during your break.

DON'T LEAVE THE TEST WHEN YOU ARE NOT ON THE BREAK.

I think that somewhere on the ada website the test's exact format will be described in detail.

I also used the tutorial time to prepare my scratch paper..........I drew the 1s
2s 2p
3s 3p 3d
4s 4p 4d 4f

and a few acronyms that I came up with.