Test site myth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pardonnemoi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay y'all I heard this rumor, but I definitely find it suspect. Apperently some people feel that volume (the number of test takers) at a specific test sites makes a difference in the type of test you receive. For example, at high volume test site, you are more likely to get questions skewed to a particular subject areas (i.e. pharm), whereas in low volume test sites the exams are more balanced.

Please feel free to shed some light on this subject :)

Members don't see this ad.

Okay y'all I heard this rumor, but I definitely find it suspect. Apperently some people feel that volume (the number of test takers) at a specific test sites makes a difference in the type of test you receive. For example, at high volume test site, you are more likely to get questions skewed to a particular subject areas (i.e. pharm), whereas in low volume test sites the exams are more balanced.

Please feel free to shed some light on this subject :)

Why?

Also, I heard if you press start on the computer, then type in "high score" that you automatically get a 240+. Hey guys is this true? Please shed some light!! ')

Also, I heard if you press start on the computer, then type in "high score" that you automatically get a 240+. Hey guys is this true? Please shed some light!! ')

That's not quite right. You have to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del twice while taking the test to get a high score.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard that u can actually purchase your test before u take it for 100,000 but the guy that told me that also told me that the sky is blue because of the reflection from the ocean, i dont know what to believe anymore?

I actually know an FMG who says he did just that (pay 100K to see his exam before taking it)...

i heard that if you minimize the test program to go to the desktop, and then double-click on the "alternate usmle" icon, the game "duck hunt" appears and a prometric employee hands over a zapper gun that you plug into a usb port. the dog appears at the beginning of each round to bark out a question (a/v component), and instead of ducks four answer options start flying around on the screen and you have to shoot the correct one. the only way it lets you break 270 is if you shoot the dog while it jumps at the end of the round.

i heard that if you minimize the test program to go to the desktop, and then double-click on the "alternate usmle" icon, the game "duck hunt" appears and a prometric employee hands over a zapper gun that you plug into a usb port. the dog appears at the beginning of each round to bark out a question (a/v component), and instead of ducks four answer options start flying around on the screen and you have to shoot the correct one. the only way it lets you break 270 is if you shoot the dog while it jumps at the end of the round.

I'm pretty sure with Step II it's Hogan's Alley.

up up down down left right left right b a start

Then after that just answer all the questions correctly and you get a perfect score.