test taking stamina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TonyDaTigrUprct

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on how to increase concentration and focus? I find that I do best on practice tests earlier in the blocks.. and by the time I get to a 3rd or 4th block my scores go down b/c my brain is fried. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

This might sound too simple, but have you tried eating a little during a break between blocks? For me, if I can get some sugar right before a block, I tend to do better and think more clearly. When I took the UW assessment, my head was feeling fuzzy after the first 3 blocks, so I scarfed down some candy, and viola! I got 6 more out of 48 right than my average of the first 3 blocks.
This applies to me regarding regular UW blocks, as well. I think the better performance is worth testational diabetes.

considering the setting - eating is probably the most distracting thing you can do ... your brain is already in overdrive and eating/taking a couple deep breaths are some of the few things to interrupt the inevitable monotony