Step I test taking stamina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TonyDaTigrUprct

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any advice on how to increase concentration and focus? I find that I do best on practice tests earlier in the blocks.. and by the time I get to a 3rd or 4th block my scores go down b/c my brain is fried. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
This might sound too simple, but have you tried eating a little during a break between blocks? For me, if I can get some sugar right before a block, I tend to do better and think more clearly. When I took the UW assessment, my head was feeling fuzzy after the first 3 blocks, so I scarfed down some candy, and viola! I got 6 more out of 48 right than my average of the first 3 blocks.
This applies to me regarding regular UW blocks, as well. I think the better performance is worth testational diabetes.
 
considering the setting - eating is probably the most distracting thing you can do ... your brain is already in overdrive and eating/taking a couple deep breaths are some of the few things to interrupt the inevitable monotony