Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quantobene

Reaction score
Test

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there a specific circumstance or a reasonable explanation for the repeat? If you can demonstrate to programs that it was a one time thing and you have taken the necessary steps to resolve the issue/preventing it from happening again, I don't think any of the fields above are off the table. Your step 1 won't be a limiting factor. Get good evals on rotations. Crush step 2 and sub-I. You may have to do some explaining and you may face some disadvantages but it's not a death sentence.

I rotated with someone in anesthesia who was dismissed from USMD school, went to a lesser known caribbean school, and ended up on the same interview day with them at my #1 program... We both received the very first batch of interview invites that were sent 2 days after ERAS opened. Don't know if he matched but half the foot is in the door when you get an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
DO student in Northeast. Had to repeat year 1. Got Step 1 score the other week, 238. Are Gen Surg, Anesthesiology, or Diagnostic Rads out of the question?
Had a colleague repeat their first year of medical school due to academic reasons. They spent the entire year studying for first aid. Now an orthopedic surgeon. I don't think those fields are out of reach, especially gen surg or anesthesia.